HELP! Getting discouraged...

Options
I signed up for jillianmichaels.com and started the Level 1, Fitness Plan 1 circuit training. It's the basic beginner workout. I have tried twice to complete these 5 circuits and I threw up the 1st time and almost passed out the 2nd. Am I just that out of shape??? I'm female, 190 lbs, 5'7". HELP!!!

Replies

• DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I don 't know much about jillianmicheal.com but I do know that circuit trainign is hard core. I have been doing 3 x a week for a month and just NOW bumped mine up to 4 so I couldn't imagine doing 5!

Maybe start with 3 and see how that goes??
  • jssmeyers
    jssmeyers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels for awhile as well. Super Tough! Just remember to always push yourself but make it YOUR workout. Don't be too hard on yourself. Slow and steady is the way to make progress :)
  • shules82
    shules82 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Jillian's workouts are pretty ambitious if you have not been working out at all previously. Could just be beginner's blues...

That said, EXTREME caution is merited when you are drastically changing lifestyles. You definitely would be well advised to drop by your doctor's office for a consult before going at it too hard.

Best of everything!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad. Take it slow. First time i did a JM workout (was 5'10 & 195lbs) I laid on the couch and nearly vomitted for 2-3 hours after!!!! Just work your way up. If you need to start out slower, do that. If you need breaks during your workout, listen to your body.
  • lclynch
    lclynch Posts: 1
    Options
    Kelly, don't give up! Do what you can, and keep doing it. Don't worry about finishing, just stay focused on your progression. Take breaks, but keep going back. You will see a difference everyday. Maybe even keep a journal of how much further you got, or how many more reps...ect....look for improvements everyday, they are there! =)
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've never done that specific workout, but I've realized with anything weight loss related, you have to start superrr slow and build up to more. With dieting and exercise. Don't get discouraged. Just do what you can handle...Before you know it, you''ll be handling workouts you never thought possible! Chin up....you can do this!! = )
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I signed up for jillianmichaels.com and started the Level 1, Fitness Plan 1 circuit training. It's the basic beginner workout. I have tried twice to complete these 5 circuits and I threw up the 1st time and almost passed out the 2nd. Am I just that out of shape??? I'm female, 190 lbs, 5'7". HELP!!!

What time of the day are you working out? Pay attention to what you've eaten beforehand. If you are working out first thing in the morning, you may want to try a banana 15 minutes or so before you start. Also, you obviously don't want to work out w/n an hour after you ate a meal. Other than that, just keep pushing yourself, but if you start getting dizzy or nauseous, it is time to stop.

Don't give up!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I do P90X haven't thrown up once & it's EXTREME workout...makes me wonder what JM does to you LOL :laugh:
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone has hit the nail on the head. When starting out ... do just that and start out. Ramp up to flat out at your own pace.

Every time I spend more than 1 week out of the gym I need to step back and ramp up again. If you had not been hard working out before this then it sounds like a normal if not desirable reaction. Take it a little easier and build up (don't give up).