Question on medications and weight gain?

Options
Has anyone experienced wight gain when taking painkillers or certain types of medication? I pulled my lower trapezius muscle over the weekend and the doc gave me muscle relaxers and a painkiller to help me. My weight was pretty normal yesterday and then today I am up almost 2 pounds (when I typically should have lost lbs from my calories in).
Granted I am skipping the gym right now - but I wondered if anyone has experienced this. And is it only temporary or is this a real gain? I don't want this to finder my progress And will stop taking them if its making me gain weight. Anyone know anything about this?

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    You gained water weight. Or you need to poop. Or it's a normal weight fluctuation.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    2 lbs is well within the normal range for a weight fluctuation, and if you are skipping the gym, it could be water weight from your glycogen stores replenishing. Keep taking your meds and heal that trapezius. You're not going to gain weight if you're in a deficit.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    2 lbs is well within the normal range for a weight fluctuation, and if you are skipping the gym, it could be water weight from your glycogen stores replenishing. Keep taking your meds and heal that trapezius. You're not going to gain weight if you're in a deficit.

I took a 2 week workout break. Did lower body day on Monday, gained 2lbs by the next day, and I am super super sore. Muscle repair water retention FTW.
  • maryalicejohn
    maryalicejohn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help! I'll chalk it off to water weight and make sure to stay in a deficit this week.