Catastrophic Move

Options
Having lived in San Diego for 28 years, being fit was an ingrained part of the culture. It was just normal to kill yourself every day in the gym and maintain mountain bike excursions on the weekends. Having moved to Texas (3 years ago), I found that everyone wants to eat, Eat and EAT. I jumped on the band wagon and found myself going from 270 and 9% body fat to 347 and 28% body fat three years later. Imagine my surprise! So, its gotta go as hypertension, high cholesterol and multiple sclersois have set in. What a rude awakening! Time to stop ****ting and get off the pot!!

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Lol I live in TX also and they do like to eat here.But I was born and raised in orange county CA.Welcome to the site.:happy:
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Having lived in San Diego for 28 years, being fit was an ingrained part of the culture. It was just normal to kill yourself every day in the gym and maintain mountain bike excursions on the weekends. Having moved to Texas (3 years ago), I found that everyone wants to eat, Eat and EAT. I jumped on the band wagon and found myself going from 270 and 9% body fat to 347 and 28% body fat three years later. Imagine my surprise! So, its gotta go as hypertension, high cholesterol and multiple sclersois have set in. What a rude awakening! Time to stop ****ting and get off the pot!!

This happened to me when I moved to Nashville (from San Diego) - only I went from 135 to 195 (I'm a 5'5 woman).

Hang in there, you CAN do this! Find something fun and go at it!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    For the love of Gawd, stay away from Louisiana. hehe
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    t everyone wants to eat, Eat and EAT.

This is Buffalo in a nutshell... I think we need the fat to get us through the killer winters ;)

Good Luck!
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    im from winnipeg canada & up here we do our fair share of eating also. its amazing how fast it goes on then we have to struggle to get even the slighest part of a pound off. i found as i got older it was even tougher to find motivation & to stick to it. i was excited when my friend told me about mfp. everyone is extremely supportive & encouraging.
  • Wolferocks2
    Wolferocks2 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. I had a good laugh at some of the "similar" circumstances. However, one thing remains clear: NOONE shoved all the steaks, potatos, chicken fried steaks, biscuits and gravy, pancakes and bacon down my throat. "SURE TASTED GOOD".. Going from being able to consume 8,000 calories a day and not gaining weight from extreme activity to being sedintary for three years (not dropping the caloric consumption) can be extremely NONBENEFICIAL! hahaha..