Any other SUPER SWEATY people?

Options
I am zee sweatiest kid on the planet, NO matter what I do I am dripping...I look like I've just jumped in the pool after 4 mins on the bike, stair stepper, arm curls whatever. Last night in my soccer game, guys and girls playing harder running harder then me ....and look fresh as a daisy...My brother says its because I drink so much water :drinker: ....Thoughts on being the sweaty guy or gal??

Just want to know I'm not alone... :frown:

It's like all over, not just my pits...My arms sweat and my face and everythhhhaaang.

I'll leave you with that. Thanks for reading.

tumblr_n9n9ntEpKu1s4hjb0o1_500.gif

tumblr_n0jrpogsNu1qj4315o1_500.gif

tumblr_mp48ovCLMx1ry4q0lo1_400.gif

Replies

• countryboi999
    countryboi999 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I dug a little ditch yesterday and I had a pretty good sweat
  • aakritik90
    aakritik90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh man.. I am crazy sweaty.. And the heat and I humidity I live in does NOT help.. Im dripping after a 9 minute walk! Every single day.. And yeah, arms legs back face- EVERYTHING gets super sweaty and slippery,
    N its awesome though.. Detox without having to work too hard.. I see it as a pro rather than a con :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the name for it...but there's a condition that causes excessive sweating. My coworker's girlfriend, who is a very cute and fit 20-something, has it. She basically wears tank tops and athletic wicking clothes 24/7 with her hair pulled back and it kind of works for her...I think most people would assume she just got done working out, but she's sweaty pretty much all of the time. She says some of the clinical deodorants help with the armpit area but she has to switch it up a lot because they lose effectiveness after a month or so. She also mentioned injections (Botox I think?) that have helped temporarily.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Botox does help, but it's a palliative thing and not a treatment.

I have that issue. What's interesting is that quite often you'll have crazy dry skin on your hands from it. So dry that had lotions don't work.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I will gladly support you as a fellow super sweaty person.
    On some days, thinking about working out will get me to sweat. I will never need to do one of these "cleanses" that everyone talks about in this forum, because my pores do an adequate job of sweating all of the toxins out.

60-minute workout = drenched t-shirt, and sweat coming off my head like a faucet.

airplane.gif
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I feel y'all's plight. I change shirts in the middle of my training sessions.
  • formerfatboy1
    formerfatboy1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I'm Done with my workouts I am drenched from head to toes literally. Shoes are soaked in sweat and have to wash them twice a week. I sweat like It's No joke and i am currently consuming 1 gallon of water a day.
  • Tribbey143
    Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    My feet are so sweaty that they are soaked but thats just from my feet being sweaty...not sweat dripping on them lol. ahhh yay for sweaty kids!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It's called hyperhydrosis.
    I sweat a lot and it doesn't take much. My arm pits were the WORST, though. If I wore dark clothes with any type of sleeves the arm pits were soaked for no reason. I didn't even have to work out, I just sweat instantly. My doc prescribed some kind of liquid roll-on thing that burned like a son-of-a-b*tch, made my skin turn into a painful rash, but also worked. I let my skin heal and tried it again because I hated so much the embarrassment to even raise my arms. It worked like a charm. No more sweaty arm pits unless I'm working out extremely hard. The rest of me sweats a lot, but only when working out. It doesn't take long for me to start sweating, but at least I no longer sweat by just existing. I actually have to work some. Bodies are annoying sometimes.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I think your theory about excessive sweating is right. Even though I know there is a medical condition, I don't think I have it. Anecdotally, talking about the same person (me for instance), I think that a person will sweat more if they drink more water. I used to never sweat except on my face when I was younger (like 25 and never drank any water except what was in soda). Now that I am conscientious about drinking about a gallon a day, I am also drenched after a tough workout.

The body is an amazing machine that will try to conserve water where it can. :happy:
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a super sweaty person. He and I will do the same workout, same intensity, and he walks out of the gym completely drenched, while I have to wear a polyurethane waist wrap, and 3 layers of sweats to break a mild sweat. I drink on average a gallon and a half of water minimum daily...Although I am not a heavy sweater, I can say that you are definitely not alone!
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    YEP!!! I try to fix my hair to have it look cute, but usually end up with a "funky bun" on the top of my head. I cant wear foundation, ever!!! I'm just glad I have good skin.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    I'm the sweatiest woman at my gym...there is one MAN who sweats more than me. So technically, I'm not the sweatiest person.

It's so bad I went to an endocrinologist. She couldn't find any hormonal cause, and she said it's probably mild thermal disregulation. I'm also usually crazy hot at night (but not sweaty). My feet are freezing though (I was diagnosed with Raynaud's). I think it is all related.

Anyway, I just tell myself that my excess sweat means I'm just working harder than everyone else!
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I once posted that if sweat were quantifiable I'd be on the leader board no matter what. Now if only that were worth something :)
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i have always tended to sweat very easily as soon as i start up any mild to moderate physical activity. and when i do my more intense cardio at the gym -- if i don't have a towel, there are drips, EVERYWHERE. my whole back gets soaked, my arms sweat, my legs sweat. i find it embarrassing 'cause i think it looks gross... and since the sweat drips all down my back it goes down to my butt and i sweat under my butt too ('cause y'know, the spot where your butt and back of your thighs meet is kind of a crease) and so i feel like it looks kinda like i peed myself -__- and even when i stop the cardio, i continue to sweat for several minutes. i've always hated it. and i have way less body fat now and i still sweat like that. it's not fair >:(
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    lisalsd1 wrote: »
    I'm the sweatiest woman at my gym...there is one MAN who sweats more than me. So technically, I'm not the sweatiest person.

It's so bad I went to an endocrinologist. She couldn't find any hormonal cause, and she said it's probably mild thermal disregulation. I'm also usually crazy hot at night (but not sweaty). My feet are freezing though (I was diagnosed with Raynaud's). I think it is all related.

Anyway, I just tell myself that my excess sweat means I'm just working harder than everyone else!

Gosh I find this SO interesting because I have a similar situation!
    I suffered TERRIBLY from Hyperhydrosis startin gin high school. I was SO embarrassed because my shirts were soaked under the armpits daily - I had to wear 2-3 layers, even in summer.

Finally found Certain-Dri, which worked like a CHARM for that issue.

However, when I workout? OMG. I'm DRENCHED. And it's all head sweating. My hair is soaked completely from root to tip after 5-10 minutes of even light activity. And my entire shirt is soaked down to my belly button every single workout by the time I'm done.

I also have thyroid disease AND Raynaud's AND I get crazy hot at night.

I never thought about my excessive sweating being related to these other things, but it's GOT to all be endocrine related......very interesting...
    Now I want to find out more!!!
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My BF is the sweatiest person i have ever met. Sharing a bed with him is like being in a sauna every night. We can do the same routine, exercise whatever and he will be drenched when i am barely even glistening. We can be holding hands and i will be freezing cold, shivering and he is sweating all over the place. He leaves wet hand prints everywhere.

In fact, he just put his hand on my knee as i am typing this and the damp spot is now getting COLD!

At first it was annoying but now it's no big deal. We wash the sheets often, fabreeze the hell out of the couch, don't have any glass table tops, etc.

The most drastic thing he does is cut the sleeves off of his shirts because no amount of deodorant or no matter what brand he wears he just sweats. At least he can avoid the wicked pit stains that way.

Oh and someone mentioned dry hands from sweating. Yep, after a while his hands will get dry and peel but they still sweat like crazy. Same with his feet.

It's all good cuz i love my sweaty bettie!
  • Project2015
    Options
    ahaha ya bout time to get use to it friend, i sweat constantly and forgive me if i end up in a warm room i look like i just showered lol, try using some baby powder as well as deodorant thats what i do and it helps a lil bit
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily a bad thing! It just means that you're staying hydrated!
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I will gladly support you as a fellow super sweaty person.
    On some days, thinking about working out will get me to sweat. I will never need to do one of these "cleanses" that everyone talks about in this forum, because my pores do an adequate job of sweating all of the toxins out.

60-minute workout = drenched t-shirt, and sweat coming off my head like a faucet.

airplane.gif

^^This