Sicker than a dog....Any ideas to how I can get some exercise in?

Options
Bad chest cold hard to breath but i worried if i dont exercise and what kind?

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    You really have the energy to exercise? Rest so you can get better faster. Then you'll have the energy to exercise later... when you're no longer sick.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just give your body the rest, you could wear yourself down even more and get sidelined longer. Maybe a slow walk or yoga if you want to at least do something
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Just rest. I have a suck it up attitude about most things, but when you are sick, truly sick, just rest and let your body recover.
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    REST
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Teal4me wrote: »
    Rest Girl! You body is fighting off the germs and doing more than resting will take you longer to get better.

I know I know..it's so hard to just allow ourselves to be sick and not try and do other things. Think of how you'd handle a physical injury from working out..you'd take it easy right? Same type of thing here.

Plenty of fluids and as MB shared a bit of Yoga or slow paced short walk but listen to your body... if it says 'that's enough'..then do listen! :)

Healing hugs xo
    Hearts <3
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    You really have the energy to exercise? Rest so you can get better faster. Then you'll have the energy to exercise later... when you're no longer sick.
    :)
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm fighting something off myself, and gave myself permission to can the gym today. REST is BEST. Drink plenty of fluids too! Hope you are better soon!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If it's just a cold, I wouldn't sweat it too much. Exercise actually seems to make me feel better when I have something simple like that. I just recently set a couple lifting PRs when I had a bad cold a few weeks ago (bad enough to miss work...but not enough to miss the gym).
  • RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I just got over being sick not too long ago. Resting is your friend right now. I think you'll be ok not doing a couple of days. :) You could also take a walk.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh god! REST!!!!
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Teal4me wrote: »
    Rest Girl! You body is fighting off the germs and doing more than resting will take you longer to get better.

I know I know..it's so hard to just allow ourselves to be sick and not try and do other things. Think of how you'd handle a physical injury from working out..you'd take it easy right? Same type of thing here.

Plenty of fluids and as MB shared a bit of Yoga or slow paced short walk but listen to your body... if it says 'that's enough'..then do listen! :)

Healing hugs xo
    Hearts <3
    Great advice thank you

• Teal4me
    Options
    I'm fighting something off myself, and gave myself permission to can the gym today. REST is BEST. Drink plenty of fluids too! Hope you are better soon!
    Thanks
  • Teal4me
    Options
    Thanks everyone think I'll just rest :) MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!