music suggestions!

Tribbey143
Tribbey143 Posts: 388 Member
edited September 26 in Motivation and Support
Good up beat music is my best motivator when I'm running. If you have any good songs you want to share please let me know! Thank you! :blushing:

Replies

• emilykk9
    emilykk9 Posts: 1
    what type of music do you like? Because i love rock music and "Walk on Water or Drown" by Mayday Parade and other Mayday Parade songs and some A Day to Remember songs always help me, but I don't know if you are in to that type of music.
  • nlassite
    nlassite Posts: 14 Member
    I listen to a lot of Christian rap! I love the artist, Lecrae.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    I listen to a whacked out mix between 70s, 80s, 90s, and country lol.
    It so depends on my mood and what will motivate me that day.
    Today it was classic Van Halen lol
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    I'm loving Florence + The Machine right now. I think her stuff really moves, even the slower songs great movement.....
  • Hi There!

I personally listen to everything from Christine Aguilera to Rage against the Machine when working out....depends on how difficult the workout is. So, with that said I shall share a couple of ditties that help get the heart racing!

Ain't No Other Man: Christine Aguilera
    Out Of Control: Hoobastank
    Move Your Body: My Darkest Days
    No More Drama: Mary J Bilge
    Megalomaniac: Incubus
    I Can't Stop Laughing: The Trews
    Burn It To The Ground: Nickelback
    Killing In The Name Of: Rage Against The Machine

Good luck to you!
    Seragilo
  • kmunk0793
    kmunk0793 Posts: 2
    I absolutely love to listen to rock with a kick *kitten* bass or fast drums to keep my legs moving(when running or on elliptical) --- linkin park always gets me pumped. also i love certain songs by avenged sevenfold( scream/ nightmare/ lost/) i also love songs from breaking benjamin and a day to remember... basically just blast your favorite songs and bands and feel the burn!
  • bfnp
    bfnp Posts: 58
    It depends on my mood and the type of workout but I've got a list that gets me by.

If I'm just trying to cruise: Filter - Take A Picture, Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory, anything I know like Smokey Robinson, (don't judge this one too harshly) some girly pop like Pink or Katy Perry or anything I can get into. Stuff I know and can sing along with if I want that's "accessible."

If I'm pushing myself I go for up tempo rock or metal. Drowning Pool - Step Up and Sinner, Pop Evil - Last Man Standing, some Pantera among others but this has to be something I can keep a good, heavy rhythm to.

Eminem's Til I Collapse is good to get through the final 5 minutes if I'm struggling.

The main thing for me is if I expect music to motivate me or get me through a workout or a run then it has to be something I want to listen to. Music on my mp3 player tends to be stuff I don't listen to frequently so I don't get tired of it.
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    bombs over baghdad - outkast
    fighter - christina aguilera

= )
This discussion has been closed.