work out addiction?

adjones5
adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Can you get addicted to exercise? Any ideas how to combat it?

Replies

• mtf612
    mtf612 Posts: 47 Member
    Why would you want to combat that addiction?!? I wish I had the time to be in my gym all day! Hell I would sleep there.
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Why do you need to combat it????
  • ang16
    ang16 Posts: 91
    I think that there is a fine line and it can be difficult as with any type of addiction. If you are truly concerned, you could look at speaking to your doctor or seaching CBT, and possibly reading some of the info as cognitive behaviour therapy can help in addictions and over coming them.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    I think i'm pretty addicted my mood goes down so much if i dont get it.

I dont see why you would want to give it up, unless your injured and making yourself worse.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    I'm addicted but I don't think it's a bad thing...unless it starts affecting you negatively or your family, or work is suffering....just like any other addiction. Right now it's just a good habit :)
  • pkpzp228
    pkpzp228 Posts: 146 Member
    I think you can develop a compulsive disorder related to exercise, I'd say I've had one at times. If your self esteem is effected by the amount of time you put in than I'd say you have a problem that needs to be explored outside physical fitness. That's not to say we all don't come down a little harder on ourselves than we probably should if we skip a workout.

I think the real question you should ask yourself is why you work out in the first place. If it's for it's for a positive lifestyle then you're in the right frame of mind.
  • trixies78
    trixies78 Posts: 5
    that's a good addiction...
    wish i could have more time in a day to get into addiction like that but i only have an hour in the morning to workout...
This discussion has been closed.