music suggestions!

Options
Good up beat music is my best motivator when I'm running. If you have any good songs you want to share please let me know! Thank you! :blushing:

Replies

• emilykk9
    emilykk9 Posts: 1
    Options
    what type of music do you like? Because i love rock music and "Walk on Water or Drown" by Mayday Parade and other Mayday Parade songs and some A Day to Remember songs always help me, but I don't know if you are in to that type of music.
  • nlassite
    nlassite Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of Christian rap! I love the artist, Lecrae.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I listen to a whacked out mix between 70s, 80s, 90s, and country lol.
    It so depends on my mood and what will motivate me that day.
    Today it was classic Van Halen lol
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Florence + The Machine right now. I think her stuff really moves, even the slower songs great movement.....
  • Seragilowechanged
    Options
    Hi There!

I personally listen to everything from Christine Aguilera to Rage against the Machine when working out....depends on how difficult the workout is. So, with that said I shall share a couple of ditties that help get the heart racing!

Ain't No Other Man: Christine Aguilera
    Out Of Control: Hoobastank
    Move Your Body: My Darkest Days
    No More Drama: Mary J Bilge
    Megalomaniac: Incubus
    I Can't Stop Laughing: The Trews
    Burn It To The Ground: Nickelback
    Killing In The Name Of: Rage Against The Machine

Good luck to you!
    Seragilo
  • kmunk0793
    kmunk0793 Posts: 2
    Options
    I absolutely love to listen to rock with a kick *kitten* bass or fast drums to keep my legs moving(when running or on elliptical) --- linkin park always gets me pumped. also i love certain songs by avenged sevenfold( scream/ nightmare/ lost/) i also love songs from breaking benjamin and a day to remember... basically just blast your favorite songs and bands and feel the burn!
  • bfnp
    bfnp Posts: 58
    Options
    It depends on my mood and the type of workout but I've got a list that gets me by.

If I'm just trying to cruise: Filter - Take A Picture, Jimmy Eat World - My Best Theory, anything I know like Smokey Robinson, (don't judge this one too harshly) some girly pop like Pink or Katy Perry or anything I can get into. Stuff I know and can sing along with if I want that's "accessible."

If I'm pushing myself I go for up tempo rock or metal. Drowning Pool - Step Up and Sinner, Pop Evil - Last Man Standing, some Pantera among others but this has to be something I can keep a good, heavy rhythm to.

Eminem's Til I Collapse is good to get through the final 5 minutes if I'm struggling.

The main thing for me is if I expect music to motivate me or get me through a workout or a run then it has to be something I want to listen to. Music on my mp3 player tends to be stuff I don't listen to frequently so I don't get tired of it.
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    bombs over baghdad - outkast
    fighter - christina aguilera

= )