high protein vegan lunch recipes??

Options
2»

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    So if my stomach could handle it anymore but it can't, I would eat a mexican wrap with a tortilla of your choice, vegan cheese of choice, beans of choice, vegetables of choice, and top it off with salsa and vegan sour cream.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    if you want high vegan protein you have to go with seitan. And it's delicious.

You can make stir frys, sandwiches, whatever you want to.

It's easy to make too if you have access to wheat gluten.
    The stuff you'll be looking for is called vital wheat gluten and it's obscenely cheap compared to premade seitan. Add seasoned/salted water and knead into dough, then break into pieces and boil 'em up like dumplings.

Or if you want a somewhat cheaper premade thing, look for mock duck at the local asian food store.

Look for something called textured vegetable protein or TVP. This is the stuff that Morningstar binds together with eggs and turns into "burgers"... use a not-animal binder of your choice to make your own. Again, obscenely cheap compared to the premade version. It comes dehydrated so you'll be needing to add liquids to it.
  • LAMCDylan
    LAMCDylan Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I made up a pretty decent lunch/dinner earlier. They may not have this local to you but you can buy off amazon. Basically they are spaghetti noodles made with only black beans. The name is called Explore Asia -Organic black bean spaghetti. A serving is 180 calories, 2g fat, 17g carbs, 25g protein, and 12g of fiber. I doubled the servings and I mashed one medium avocado and mixed it with the noodles. Then I chopped 2 roma tomatoes and mixed it. I added a little salt and about 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper (you can omit this if you don't like it). And that is it. Tastes great, relatively healthy, good fiber and protein content, and easy/quick to make.
  • Tajk7
    Tajk7 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have a vegan potato curry recipe i can give you just ask :smile:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    If you can I recommend Gardein products, some of them are microwaveable (I recommend the beefless tips) so add that with some brown rice and pigeon peas and you should have a decent amount of protein
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel bread with avocado, 3 egg whites and a vegan sausage patty with salsa:-) great hot or cold. Or wrapped in lettuce if you don't want the bread.
    bout 25 g protein

egg whites are not vegan my friend.

Sounds YUMMY!!! Dangerously good but yummy. : )
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Madras Lentils and Red Beans. I eat this with a package of quinoa brown rice, filling, easy, quick, cheap...and vegan, high protein.

Miso soup with tofu and kale.

White bean soup with spinach.

Whey protein shake.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    seitan, tofu scramblers, TVP burgers, Boca vegan patties (70 cals each, eat two)