New scales

Options
Got some smart scales for Xmas. Weighed on them and they said 75.9 kilo. Holy crap that's like huge gain so got on my old one and they say 68.9 kilo. Now I am really confused. Did it many times with the same result. That is a massive difference.
Username karoxl fell free to add

Replies

• Diet242
    Diet242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I got a new scale too. My dial reads 133...my new digital reads 137.2. Ugh!
  • jennyblacker
    jennyblacker Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    One/both of them of them are out, have you got anything you know the weight of you could try?

Flour, pet food, bottles of water? (1litre = 1kg, plain water, assuming you're not anywhere high/low/hot/cold)

Essentially you need to play Jenga on your new scales :p
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Why is it that new scales ALWAYS show a higher reading, never a lower one??
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    My husband and I bought our first scale two months ago and tried out several in the store. I was shocked at the difference between the old school ones and the digital. By standing in just the right way, I weighed 15-20 pounds less on the old school ones.

It brought back memories from high school, when I used to fidget on my grandmother's scale and tracked my weight by the lowest number I could manage.

The digital one we bought has arrows that pop up if your weight isn't evenly distributed, which I appreciate. Since I am able to maintain consistency on the scale (same location, time of day, even distribution of weight), I feel confident that my gains and losses reported are accurate enough for my purposes.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Why is it that new scales ALWAYS show a higher reading, never a lower one??

Everytime!!!
  • jodiemhorton
    jodiemhorton Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    mmmm.... I just got a new set as the old set didn't seem to want to give me a set weight and yeah!!! Ive lost about 5kgs on the new set... but I don't believe the new set!

Im going to do Jenny's trick and weigh something other than myself!

J