how to stop binging?

Options

I have lost 36lbs and have got 13lbs to go. However I can't stop binging! Any advice??

Replies

• swoledier_em
    Options
    Depends why you're binging. If you're binging because you're hungry, you need to eat more.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 36 pound loss. How I avoid binging is to not deprive myself of the things I love and just eat those in moderation and count the calories. Now if there is something that I tend to go overboard on (potato chips) I just don't keep them in the house.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Binging literally consumed my life for years. Congrats on your weight loss so far. Has binging always been an issue or just recently started? If it just recently started, maybe its because your calorie intake is too low, so your body gets overly hungry and then sets you up to binge. Id love you help more. Feel free to send me a message.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Simple. Do not buy the food items you binge on. You cannot eat what you do not have.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That's why I do Intermittent Fasting...fits my eating style...nice big piles of food twice a day...happy belly.
  • mozartk495
    mozartk495 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eating something high in protein in the morning really keeps the cravings down and has kept me feeling full much longer. The cravings are still my biggest enemy though
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    It really depends on why you are binging. If you are doing because you are hungry, then try some of the above advice. If you are binging as a way to deal with other issues, then you need to deal head on with those emotions.
  • IamAddictedtoCoconuts
    Options
    Bottom line, find out why you're binging. That's basically the only way you'll be able to move on from it. Are you an emotional eater? Restricting yourself? Not eating enough?. When you find the reason, you will slowly stop binging.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Mindfulness, managing cognitive distortions such as abstinence violation effects or perfectionism, practice urge surfing, use other forms of emotional self regulation... again, it matters why you binge.
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have said. I will add that if you are binge eating for emotional reasons, you can binge on just about anything - like veggies - not just your favorite trigger foods. If you find that you really cannot stop, even when you honestly try, then you might need a 12 step program like Alocholics Anonymous (this works for other addictions besides alcohol). It has been amazing for me and many others!! Following the simple steps honestly has dealt with the emotional reasons for why I compulsively ate, and I know what to do if I want to binge again.