How much to you allow your weight to go up?

Options

Replies

• SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I am now 128lbs and would like to be 123lbs, which I nearly reached. Anywhere between those two numbers is fine for me.

But...I do have a question:
    I work out extensively, about 6-7 days a week, training for a marathon and also lifting weights. I am aware that in a deficit on cannot gain muscle, but what about in maintenance? Is there a chance that I build muscle which weighs more? My measurement do not show any great loss though.

Stef.
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well... I definitely never let it go higher than 54kg. I always keep a deficit to have more window to s*** up, so I don't care if I win or lose within that range. 54kg is when mirror usually starts telling me I'm doing something wrong. Sometimes I look at myself and guesstimate "Oh, I might be weighing about 52kg", but then scale says 53.5 and I can't care less.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    "Weight obviously fluctuates, and the number of the scale can't stay the same all the time"

This is true - that is why I only "record" my weight once a week on the same day & time. I will step on the scale other days and if I see my weight go up - I address it (diet and/or exercise) before my next weigh-in; in over one year I have never ended a week with a gain on my "record" day.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I generally maintain within a five pound range. I tend to hover closer to the top in the winter and the bottom in summer.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    16 pounds seems to be my cut-off. 179-195lbs, I fit just fine into my clothes. as long as my clothes fit, I'm good, and I know it will come back off, again. (I'm enjoying these holidays. ;) )
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well I'm back into the 50 kg range as of this morning and haven't been there since January 2013, so I'd say 60 kg is my upper limit! I am committed to do everything in my power to stay in the 50's now & never go back into the 60's ever again!!
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Well I'm back into the 50 kg range as of this morning and haven't been there since January 2013, so I'd say 60 kg is my upper limit! I am committed to do everything in my power to stay in the 50's now & never go back into the 60's ever again!!
  • Kim55555
    Options
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    currently maintaining at ~131. If i saw the scale at 134 when I woke up, I'd start eating at a deficit for a few days until it hung out in a more normal range of 131-132.5
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    5# fluctuation. I would like to be 125#, but my body likes 130 and it is really a struggle to stay under 130#. I have gone up as high as 135#, but I monitor myself diligently. I do record everything I eat and drink daily as I tend to gain very easily. It is just the way it is for me.

hey same HERE!.. i just never get to 125.. lol.. i am always between 131-135 which is fine... the struggle to be 125 keeps me at a good head space to maintain under 135

welp you sound exactly like me. Same struggle, same weight, same goal. hahaha!!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    124-128 is my comfortable weight. If I get above 129 for more than a day or two I'll go back to a deficit I suppose but that has yet to happen in over 2 years of maintaining.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    5 lbs
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    My body can retain crazy amounts of water, so I don't trust the scale with that (single samples that is). What I do trust is the scale over a period of time. I use an app called "Libra" when I have maintenance phases, and I have it set up to average 10 days of weight. I weigh myself every day and record my weight. As soon as it says I'm starting to gain, I take a closer look at my eating habits.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need to be quite as rigid as some people clearly are. I have a lighter weight when I'm doing a big cycle event which is a few pounds below my "normal" weight range for example.

Fluctuations for me are up to 3lbs but I will only react to a consistent trend, say over four weeks. Then I'll make a small adjustment. My calorie needs seemed to change when the weather got colder for example and I needed to raise my calories as I was seeing a consistent and unexpected weight loss.

When I'm away on holiday all bets are off and I expect to gain 1lb a day (mostly not fat gain of course!).
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    No more than 10 pounds

• Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I went up 15lbs before I put the brakes on. Lost it at the same rate I put it on (4 months or so)
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    My range is about 3 lbs. 102-105. I like to be at 103 but lately have been closer to 105. Being so small, every pound is visible, yet it's hard to keep trying to lose weight back to my favorite weight! Ugh.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    This is the first time in my life that I've lost all the weight and reached my ultimate goal. I am now trying to maintain but scared to DEATH that I will backslide into gaining again. I therefore don't allow myself to gain even a pound without eating at a strict deficit again for at least a week.
    Next month on the 24th will be my one year anniversary of lifestyle change. I thought by the time I'd been doing this for a year that all the bad habits would be broken and I'd be on easy street! NO SO for me! I still want that mint Chocolate mocha in the mornings and chips while watching TV in the evening. I just can't allow myself to gain this weight back ever again so I must be vigilant about keeping it off.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    mamadon wrote: »
    Five pounds for me.

+1 - then back to logging carefully and a small deficit.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I watch for trends, and if I am consistantly at the top of my "range" I eat at a deficit till that situation is handled.

my range is about 5 lbs above or below my goal weight.