Starting all over again.

Hello :)
Last year I lost about 25 pounds, a little more than half of my goal. During this time I also quit smoking after 40 plus years. I was eating around 1300-1400 calories a day, and walking outside everyday for an hour. Then winter came, and I could no longer walk outside, so I joined a gym, but getting there by bus was too time consuming. I also started college, online, fulltime, and sat through two semesters, eating my worries away, only it did not work, and I gained all my weight back plus more! I am starting again but have yet to find a walking place. I think I may try the mall, in the mornings, hoping that will work. I have a hard time leaving my house sometimes, anxiety.. Yes many little setbacks but willing to find something that works. If I didn't live in a second floor apt, I would just do aerobics up here! I will find a solution but I need to start somewhere, so here I am. I hope to find some solutions, and get some advice and support.

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,275 Member
    I also have a difficult time leaving the house for the gym. I am with people all day, and just need solitude at night. I bought a kettle bell and kettle bell work out DVD. And some yoga/pilates DVDs. It is recharging to do a soothing pilates routine at home.

Welcome. I am not doing great now on losing weight, but at least I stopped the gain train. That is a win to me for now.
  • Haleyandrews747
    Haleyandrews747 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello, I am a petite female and need to lose a few lbs. I have been trying to lose these lbs for a long time with no success. I have a gym membership at planet fitness but I cant seem to muster the motivation to go there to work out. I found an fitness ap online that I use on my phone, tablet and laptop and I love it. I can do a lot of exercises at home which include intense moderate and casual workouts. These workouts range from 5 minutes to 60 minutes long. I normally take about 3 of them and group them together to workout for 45 minutes. Hopefully I will shed these lbs. There are a lot of workouts that dont include jumping so they are perfect since you live on the second floor. Hope this helps.
  • I also have a difficult time leaving the house for the gym. I am with people all day, and just need solitude at night. I bought a kettle bell and kettle bell work out DVD. And some yoga/pilates DVDs. It is recharging to do a soothing pilates routine at home.

Welcome. I am not doing great now on losing weight, but at least I stopped the gain train. That is a win to me for now.

Thank you for the welcome, and that is a win, goodluck!
    Donna
  • Hello, I am a petite female and need to lose a few lbs. I have been trying to lose these lbs for a long time with no success. I have a gym membership at planet fitness but I cant seem to muster the motivation to go there to work out. I found an fitness ap online that I use on my phone, tablet and laptop and I love it. I can do a lot of exercises at home which include intense moderate and casual workouts. These workouts range from 5 minutes to 60 minutes long. I normally take about 3 of them and group them together to workout for 45 minutes. Hopefully I will shed these lbs. There are a lot of workouts that dont include jumping so they are perfect since you live on the second floor. Hope this helps.

That is a great idea, for working out at home! I will see what I can find that is rather quiet. I still want my goal to get outside the house, but for the time being this sounds perfect, thanks so much!
    Donna