300 calorie or less recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• peaceful_minion
    peaceful_minion Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    6 oz of baked chicken breast and 100 grams of baked sweet potato. Very filling and it sticks with you. Breakfast I do two eggs, with half a cup of frozen mixed vegetables and a slice of bacon...because I love bacon...and its still under 300 calories.
  • becbec777
    becbec777 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Large Banana
    1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt - like Chobani
    1/2 cup blueberries- frozen or fresh
    1/2 cup peachers- frozen or fresh
    Powdered cinnamon or unsweetened coco powder- optional

265 breakfast calories
  • IKnowStuff2
    IKnowStuff2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a book by hungry-girl 200 recipes under 200 calories there is also a 300 under 300 she has several books and has a website her recipes seem pretty good to me also there are recipes on her website you could check that out for ideas. It's hungry-girl.com. Just a thought and I hope it helps
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    breakfast sandwich- one egg, one piece of thick canadian bacon, tbsp hummus and an English muffin. I make mine ahead on Sundays and then warm them up at work.
    - Someone mentioned chili- that's a good one. Turkey chili, just be careful of the spices you use. I was lazy and used a 'chili seasoning' packet from the store- holy sodium! No wonder why it was so good! haha
  • IKnowStuff2
    IKnowStuff2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just had 1 medium egg with a two egg serving of egg beaters all scrambled together on a flat-out lite Italian flatbread and 1/8 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese for 250 cal 29 G protein 9 g fiber 17 g carbs 12 g of fat it would be less fat if I didn't use 1 real egg, it's quite filling my numbers are according to the MFP food diary
  • Chewy0513
    Chewy0513 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is a book out called the 400 Calorie Fix by Liz Vaccariello that has many recipes and eating out ideas for 300 calories
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have I higher calorie allowance but I have found that eating a yogurt and almonds for breakfast is a good start to my day (pretty low calories and almonds will help keep you full) and if you mix in a walk on your lunch break or in the morning/evening you will get a little extra to work with =) also I love 100 cal snacks tons of options to pick from!!! best of luck =)
  • rebeccahunt718
    rebeccahunt718 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have a book by hungry-girl 200 recipes under 200 calories there is also a 300 under 300 she has several books and has a website her recipes seem pretty good to me also there are recipes on her website you could check that out for ideas. It's hungry-girl.com. Just a thought and I hope it helps

I just bought the one called To The Max: The Ultimate Guilt Free Cookbook by her. I can't wait to try these recipes!

• Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Roasted Ratatouille:

1/2 tbsp dried oregano
    1 Eggplant, sliced into rounds and each round sliced in half
    2 Zucchini, medium size, cut into chunks
    2 Red Bell Pepper, Large, deseeded and cut into chunks
    1 Red Onion, Peeled and cut into 4 wedges
    3 Plum Tomatoes, Large and cut in half
    28oz can of Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice
    2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
    3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    1/2 TBSP Dried Oregano
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Set the oven to 375°F. Put all the prepared vegetables in a large roasting tray or tin, in a single layer if possible. Sprinkle with the oregano and seasoning and drizzle with 4 tbsp of the oil. Mix everything well with your hand. Roast for 45-50 mins until soft and beginning to brown. Stir a couple of times while cooking
    When the veg are nearly cooked, heat a large frying pan and add the rest of the oil and the garlic and cook until the garlic begins to brown.

Pour in the canned tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 mins. Stir in the veg.

Serves 4 and 255 Calories per serving
  • caffeineismyfriend
    Options
    Great Breakfast idea: (I'm going to post this in the main 'Recipes' page too, but I think you could benefit from it :-) ) I do a 4 egg white omelet with 1/2 of a diced roma tomato and about 3/4 of an ounce of shredded colby jack cheese. I cook the omelet in about 1/4 Tbs of real butter and top it with 1/4 ounce of the shredded cheese (1oz in all) and some salt and pepper. It's delicious and keeps me full for hours.