40 Year Old Mom Of Two Finally Getting Fit

Options
Okay....no excuses!!! I'm another one of those people that stick to a diet plan for about 1 week and then just stop! I decide I am just "too busy" and always put myself last on the list.
I've been exploring the site and like what I see! I took some time this afternoon and entered all of my favorite foods in the Food List so that I can easily add them.
I think a key to success will be planning my meals a day in advance. If I already know what I will be eating I shouldn't make poor choices. I have identified my time of overeating as between 3:00 and 7:00...it's that "rush time" for families when kids get home and it's time for homework, supper prep., etc. I think if I can control my eating during that time and then stop eating after 7:00 pm at night I will lose my extra weight. I have a treadmill at home that I have started using again.
I hope we all encourage one another to make 2006 be the year of no excuses!!! I have no one to blame but myself for these extra 45 pounds I am carrying. The good news is that what goes on CAN come off!
Good luck everyone! Let's all keep in touch!

Replies

• jparnnell
    Options
    Hi , am 42 no kids but a lot of stubborn weight to kick off, so if you like...add me
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on here for 40 days and have lost 8 pounds so far. I'm 47 and have a teenage daughter, so I know how hectic the evenings can be. I've gotten lots of great encouragement and support from everyone on here. Feel free to add me. Together we can do this :)
  • horseswinelife
    horseswinelife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    46 in a couple of days with 2 adult(ish) girls - friend me!
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    just left this for someone else with same issue. you are totally right. I plan my food and exercise the day before...
    Quote " For a lot of people food tracking is tough because there is a lot of bad info in there. Also a lot of people have issues with entering their food at the end of the day. I buy most of my proteins in advance ie Side of salmon, Eye of round roast (low fat) and portion it for the serving side I want. I bought a food saver vacuum sealer and it is awesome. I can cut up and freeze portions and take them out the night before and they are ready to cook the next day.
    I can then enter my anticipated food the night before along with the exercise I plan on doing and get a great picture of what my day looks like. Next day you make adjustments as you go along or end of day."
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    MFP is a great resource as you have found. Keep up tracking and the big picture comes clear. Getting started is the hard part for me always.
  • Luv2Dream1
    Options
    single mom of one teenage boy bought a new exercise bike for Christmas hoping to get on track for 2015. I know all about excuses I'm an emotional eater, stress eater, eater eater eater.I'm 48 years old and want to start living my life as a healthy mom a healthy single mom that is :D
  • TracyMarie72
    Options
    42 and needing to do the same. Hoping for support and able to support others on this journey. Feel free to add me
  • allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Will be 40 in New Year, have two teenage kids. Got another stone to lose.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Oh crap! I had a whole response laid out for the OP, and then I realized this post was created WAY WAY back in the stone age of MFP - January, 2006. Didn't realize MFP was so ancient. Wow!

I wonder if OP ever reached her goal. I did, and I've been maintaining for over 3 years. You guys can do this, too! Good luck everyone! (*)
  • LeelooX2014
    LeelooX2014 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow, that original post was old! I wonder how she did too. 46 year old mom of three boys here. Looking to lose 20 lbs, possibly more. Something I used to do and will do again was make a nice big hot cup of tea while I prepared dinner to settle my appetite and keep me from snacking while cooking.