The Love Pounds Support Group

Options
Kind of tongue-in-cheek. Misery loves company and all that. Met my soulmate, got engaged, and gained 20 lbs in the process (I'm also a binge eater and it's mostly under control but when "big" things happen, good or bad, i.e. this year being hit by a car while on a bike and meeting my soulmate) I go off and binge for a while. Not currently binging and back on the bandwagon but got 20 lbs in the process. I'm at 98.5 lbs lost right now and still at a perfectly healthy weight (BMI of 22.6 but I got used to an athletic weight so at this weight I feel heavy and sluggish) so I'll drop them back off.

Just wanted to hear more stories about Love Pounds :)

You know what's funny, I always heard about people who started a relationship and let themselves go and would thing, I can't see that happening to me, and then it did lol Stopped going to the gym, started eating out, boom. I'm also moving in so having control over what, when, and how much I eat again will be great. That had a huge impact, not know what, when, or how much I was going to eat so planning was out of the question.

Worth every pound and then some! :)

Replies

• clairebeth8
    clairebeth8 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've got experience with the "Love Pounds" too. After I started dating my now husband, I gained 30-40 pounds. After a lot of work and the utilization of Weight Watchers, I lost the extra pounds and got down to my goal weight. I recently got married in October, and in the last 2 and a half months, I've gained 10-15 pounds. Between the wedding celebrations and the holidays, it's been very difficult to control the quality and amount of food I'm eating. With the New Year coming, I'm hoping that that's just what I need to get back on track. Best of luck to you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I didn't love anyone, I got fat all by myself.
  • megann221
    Options
    I was in the best shape of my life two years ago at 135 lbs. I worked out daily and watched everything I ate (maybe a little too vigorously). Then met my significant other and packed on 55 lbs in only two years. Two years!

I'm even amazed at myself. How did I do that!?! Gross.
  • sarah72085
    sarah72085 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 pounds in the year after I moved in with my now husband. Trying very hard to get rid of it!
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have gained almost 20kg's in 3 years of being together with my partner. At first I maintained the weight I was at, already overweight but comfortable with my body, I wanted to ensure he stayed interested in me. But once we both started to get comfortable in the relationship and we both started earning more money we started to eat better (read worse) and I started gaining. I also got a few injuries over the past 3 years that have prevented me from working out as much I wanted to. My partner has gained some weight as well but as he is tall and skinny to start with you hardly notice it. Now I am desperately trying to lose the weight I have gained and get back to what I weight when we met, not for him, but for my back injury that is getting worse and worse with every kg.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    We've known each other for less than four months lol 20 lbs in 4 months, I can't imagine what it'd look like if I let it go on for a couple of years yeeech. I tell him time to get back to the woman he met and he tells me he loves me no matter what :D
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    GatorDeb1 wrote: »
    We've known each other for less than four months lol 20 lbs in 4 months, I can't imagine what it'd look like if I let it go on for a couple of years yeeech. I tell him time to get back to the woman he met and he tells me he loves me no matter what :D

He sounds like a keeper :)

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends had lost about 30 pounds last year and was doing 5Ks and all that, and then she started dating a new guy, who really loved to eat, and loved taking her out to restaurants, and loved ordering in, and you know, she gained about half of it back. I've heard of the "divorce diet", but not the "love pounds" club. But it makes sense.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    35 pound gain after meeting and living with my boyfriend over past 1.5 years. I do not at all blame him - I blame myself. I just was so excited to find someone who loved food as much as me. However, we absolutely went overboard on baking/cooking/eating and now I am paying! Also, I went from working out during most of my spare time to hanging out with him. At first we were super lazy, but now we are finding ways to stay active together :)