self sabatoge

Options
I have been going along this journey just fine for a while-working the hell out of 1200 cal, losing fat at a steady pace-almost 36 pounds. Feeling good about my progress-and then I reach my last 10 pounds. My goal is 125-and I up my calories to 1490. Holy cow I went a little nuts eating almost everything. Slacking off on my routine and just slipping back into my old comfort zone. Then a few weeks ago I get hit with a tummy issue and need tests done-so now I'm just feeling defeated. I thought I would start back slow to my workouts-zumba, kickboxing, treadmill and yoga. But I'm having a hard time finding the energy and motivation. I'm not really feeling well waiting to have these tests done, but I don't want to lose all the hard work I've put in. To comfort myself I'm emotionally stuffing my face with anything I can. Sabatoge. I'm pretty sure that's all it is and if I can't get a grip I can kiss those 36 pounds good bye.

Replies

• al142
    al142 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your eating isn't actually comforting you. It is making you more anxious. You need to find some other way of comforting yourself. Go be with people, drink some hot tea, take a bath, make your home cleaner... whatever you can think of that doesn't involve overeating.
  • Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    maybe you were trying too hard too fast in my opinion .... u should give your body some time to recover , but I agree with trying to fill your time with other than food things
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Losing weight happens in the mind as well. I've been thin in a fat body and fat in a thin body. Sabotage happens for me when my body and mind aren't in sync. If that makes sense...