Trying to lose weight but I am some challenges with exercising

Options
Hi
I am new here and very impressed with the site.
I need to lose a fair amount of weight - 50 lbs to start - eventually more than that.
- However I currently have some challenges with exercising (which I actually like to do).
- I have injured my knee and at this point ANY weight bearing activity is excrutiating (even walking 20 feet or standing for longer than a minute or two) - so until this improves I am basically limited to the stationary bike (no problem there - I can do it about 3 times a week and as long as I limit myself to around 1/2 hour - it does not aggravate my knee.) But I really miss walking - so as a substitute I have been "walking" in the pool which happens to be very good for my knees too. However I have NO idea how many calories this activity consumes and would love to know (I do it for about 1 hour twice a week). Can anyone who knows give me some idea what this activity would be "worth" in terms of calories??? Thx for any help

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Start by focusing on intake and disregard calories burned by exercise. If you feel that you are losing too fast and are too hungry, up calories a bit.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    just check off walking slow pace under cardio
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As said your emphasis should be calorie conrol and getting a handle on what you consume.
    I think treading water and other exercises are in the database.
    Rowier is also none weightbearing and probably puts less stress than the latnerating pressure of the bike. As with all things medical then you should ask your Dr and PT.
  • zenobia50
    Options
    thx for answers. PT and Dr are both OK with stationary bike and anything in the water