Motivated, inspired, and looking to meet some new friends!

Options
Hello my name is Alicia! I'm 20 years old, and I have made the decision to finally give myself the gift of health and wellness. I've been overweight/obese for 8 years, and before that I was heavy as a child.

This is not my first time attempting to lose weight. I've attempted many times before, and at the only time I was down to a healthy weight, I had anorexia. I am not accepting any more excuses from myself, and I am looking forward to making some new friends here along the way!

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Hey there Alicia,
    Welcome to MFP! You've taken a great step towards your goals just by joining and taking the mindset of a healthy lifestyle. The journey may not always be easy but with the right support and the great attitude that you obviously have, you can do absolutely fantastic!!

All the best and please feel free to add me if you like!!
  • Ballmom22
    Options
    Hey Alicia, I am a 33 year old mother of 2 who has also struggled most of my life with weight. I am ready to start fighting the fight again myself. You're young and have your whole life ahead of you...you can do this my dear!!
  • bazingaa
    bazingaa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    If you want to Kik me to have a workout buddy feel free! My Kik is everydayeloquence and I'm looking for a workout buddy!
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Alicia,

Welcome! Its a great place to be, and a great time to start. I'm hoping to be more active myself over the coming weeks - my sister is getting married in May and I want to be able to fit into my bridesmaids dress! - so if you want to add me as a friend, please do so!

All the best on your journey! xx