Starvation mode message

Options
Did they change or update something on the app lately? I've been logging in for over 2 months now and my eating habits have not changed. For some reason the past five days I've been getting the starvation mode message when I haven't been getting it before. I haven't changed anything and my calorie totals in the past that were close to these never triggered it.

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any difference. How many calories are you taking in?
  • milkywayward
    milkywayward Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I always get the "starvation mode" message in the mobile app if I log < 1200 calories in one day, and on the website if I log < 1000 (I just want to stress that this happens rarely, due to illness, and is not something I shoot for). If you're a 27 year-old male it seems unlikely to me that your target calories should be anywhere near either of those two numbers. How much are you eating?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think that in the app, if you're male, it tells you you're eating below 1200 if you go below 1500.
  • Veeshun
    Veeshun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    1,495 yesterday. I found one from a week ago with the same that didn't give me the message when I logged it but now it does. I notice that this one is a different message than what I've seen before. Looks to be more precise than the last one.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I was curious what the wording of it was these days, so I hit 'complete' on an empty day.

Based on your total calories consumed today, you are likely not eating enough

For safe weight loss, the National Institutes of Health recommends no less than 1000-1200 calories for women and 1200-1500 calories for men.

Even during weight loss, it's important to meet your body's basic nutrient and energy needs. Over time, not eating enough can lead to nutrient deficiencies, unpleasant side effects & other serious health problems.

To safely meet your goals:

Focus on consuming nutrient-rich foods and beverages
    Check your progress in MyFitnessPal throughout the day
    Add nutritious snacks between meals as needed
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged for a few weeks. It used to yell at me every time I was under 1200, then it switched to only yelling at me if I went under 1000. It's better when it doesn't lecture, because the little lecture detracts from the fun of hitting that "complete" button.

When I don't log, it never yells at me. :grinning:
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Are you using the app? I used to get that all the time on the app if I didn't click off the screen right away. It seems to be fixed after the most recent update. It also seemed to be on the days when I ate WAY more than normal.
  • jtbaldwin
    jtbaldwin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the real answer listed yet, but I noticed the same thing around the same time you did. I was eating at 1350 a day and all was good. Then, suddenly, I started getting the message. For men, the minimum calories is now 1500 instead of 1200 according to this blog post: http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1375583-a-message-about-myfitnesspal-s-updated-nutrition-goals.

If you update/recalculate your goals, ut will reset your calories accordingly.