Anyone want to join me on a 10 week weight loss journey?

Options
anasaving
anasaving Posts: 1
edited December 2014 in Motivation and Support
I've been battling with my weight for a few years now. I'm 18 and not extremely overweight, but chubbyish( 61kg and 163cm). I'd like to finally commit to a healthy diet plan for a long period of time, no starvation or anything. Just healthy food and calorie control. If I exercise or am really hungry, no shame in eating a little over my calories- as long as it isn't chips and candy. The only problem is that pretty much everyone in my family and most of my friends are skinny and eat junk food most of the time. So I definitely feel "alone" on this journey and it can be very hard sometimes. It usually leads to giving up and binging. I was thinking that maybe if I had a weight loss buddy, that we could support and help each other stay on track, discuss our thoughts and feeling and challenges and whatnot. Anyone interested in joining me? :) I will be logging my food journal every day starting tomorrow.

Replies

• allotmentgardener
    allotmentgardener Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    add me if you like. I log daily :)
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    With a BMI of about 23 I wouldn't say you were chubby at all, and neither does your photo indicate that.

Perhaps you just need to focus on building lean body mass while reducing body fat just a little...it may be that you end up the same weight but wearing a clothe size smaller.
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like too. I don't log my food but I could write more to my timeline. Seeing junkfood around you must be hard. You should not lose much, tiptoe's comment is good. I consider today the beginning of a new year because I start a work week today so it is not Christmas anymore.
  • lilly123ish
    lilly123ish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I log most days and want to lose 12 lbs overall.
  • letivallejo
    letivallejo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a buddy too :)! I'm gonna go all raw for the month of January starting January 5 if you want to add me, ill be posting stuff :). I don't want to start any chats on the community pages because people can be mean sometimes. Also if the raw thing isn't your thing pick something else & we can be accountability partners.
  • jodster1504
    Options
    You can add me ;) I log most days, though not lately because I've been away for the holidays! I'm also looking to lose just a few kilos and it's not always easy to find support in the people around you if they aren't in the same mindset!