Some days are not easy but remember you have to start somewhere.

Options
indians1975
indians1975 Posts: 29 Member
edited December 2014 in Success Stories
Approximately 1382 days ago I weighed at least 280 lbs. I honestly think that I was closer to 290 lbs. This morning I weighed myself and I am currently 207 lbs. this is 11 lbs. heavier than my lightest weight ever. I am still down over 80 lbs. The biggest key to my success was when I jumped on board and changed my lifestyle. I don't think of it as a diet (diets never last). I owe where I am now to my wonderful wife (tmt2003).

Don't ever sell yourself short. Everyday you get up and do some sort of workout even if it is just walking it is a successful day. So this is how my story goes......

It was March of 2011, I was embarrassed to look at the scale. I was a fat guy who was coaching kids how to play soccer. I felt like a hypocrite, telling the kids to hustle and expecting them to run, when I couldn’t. Looking back I can't believe that I was that person. I decided that something had to change. When I looked at my health and eating habits, I wasn’t being fair to my kids. Kids only know what they are taught and I was not setting a good example.
In the beginning, I was very naïve to what I was eating. I thought that it did not matter what I ate as long as I was working out. I became discouraged when I noticed that nothing was changing. I realized, with the help of my wife, how important it was to eat the right types of foods and the right portion size of those foods. I started logging my food on My Fitness Pal. I learned how many calories I need to eat to maintain my weight (~3000 calories) and that I need to eat less than that if I want to lose. So my wife and I changed our lifestyle. We are not on a diet; There aren't any forbidden foods, we just try to make healthy food choices, get regular exercise and stay within our daily calorie goals (mine is ~ 2100 calories). I lost most of my weight making changes to my diet, running and cycling. Remember sometimes in order to continue to see changes you need to change your routine. That is when I discovered Cross Fit. Cross Fit has helped me maintain a level of fitness that is far superior to anything I have ever experienced. It has helped me find confidence in myself and the ability to push my personal limits. I can do things that I never thought that I could do before. For the first time in my life I actually look forward to lifting weights and enjoy going to the gym (box). My typical routine is Cross Fit on Monday thru-Friday. Saturdays are either spent at the box or I run/ride a bike. Sunday is my recovery day. I continue to push myself by setting new fitness goals. I started with timed 5K runs and I completed a ½ marathon. I have since competed in 5 cross fit competitions and one Olympic lifting competition.

My goals have changed a lot during the past 3 almost 4 years. My current goal is to lose body fat and get stronger overall. I know that while I still have a long way to go, I am on the right track. I have some of my highlights listed below.

Running Highlights and lows
Date Weight Longest distance Total time(min/mile)

March, 30th 2011 - 272 lbs 1.84 miles 22min 56 sec. 12:28 min mile
October 27th, 2012 - 197.6 lbs 5.74 miles 48 min 19 sec.8:25 min mile

Races and official times

5K Hot Chocolate race 22min 14 sec (7:11 min mile)

10K Turkey Trot 49min 34 sec (7:59 min mile)

½ Marathon Northshore 1 hr 56 min 24 sec (8:44 min mile)

Started Crossfit in September of 2012

Movement Original PR Current
Back Squat 185 lbs 350 lbs
Front Squat 95 lbs 275 lbs
Clean 55 lbs 225 lbs
Snatch 35 lbs 160 lbs
Deadlift 275 lbs 500 lbs
Bench Press 105 lbs 175 lbs

Replies

• RHPSgirl1984
    RHPSgirl1984 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on all of your success!! :smile:
  • cocolicious2
    cocolicious2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of trying out crossfit for a while. There is one very close to my house and I think I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Such great numbers. (*) Congratulations!! :)
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've heard so many great things about Crossfit!! Also, I agree that change has to come about from a lifestyle switch rather than a diet :) Congrats on your many accomplishments!!
  • indians1975
    indians1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!