Ladies who Lift

Options
Would love some new friends that lift and have open diaries.

I've been lifting properly for the last 7 weeks and feels like I should have been doing this all my life. Need some more friends who feel the love for lifting and eating :smile:

Replies

• wardsharol
    Options
    I'm with you. I use to lift weights then I stopped and started doing a lot of cardiovascular. Maybe we can do a daily plan and report each day. I really need motivation. So glad I found the fitness pal!!!!!
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    me me me! although I don't keep my diary on MFP because I log all my calories and macros in a notebook
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    I love lifting and LOVE how it has recomp'ed my body! Feel free to add me. I'm in maintenance and my day at the gym pretty much consists of lifting only now with an occasional run on the treadmill for good heart health. Good luck to you!
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 3-4 days a week, really makes a difference. I am so struggling with my upper body right now. Trying to get my bench up.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I just received the book New Rules of Lifting for Women and am excited (and intimidated!) to get started. I think I'm going to hire a personal trainer for a session or two so I can learn proper technique.
  • 27paisley_
    27paisley_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love lifting...nothing changes the shape of your body like lifting does. Right now I am just doing the circuit weight machines at my gym. I love that lifters high that you get in between sets when your muscles are burning. :) Add me if you would like. I have a new account on here and am looking to add some friends. :)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have a new found love for lifting. I get so bored only doing cardio and lifting changes up the day :). Call me crazy but I love the feeling of DOMS after a good lifting session.
  • dollisill
    dollisill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've just started lifting and it's awesome! I don't get bored either, so hopefully this will help keep me motivated. I definitely need some extra motivation so feel free to add me :smile:
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have some weights at home but am considering going to a gym. Call me crazy but i find the though quite intimidating lol.
  • sunnygirl93
    Options
    I don't lift now but I would love to jump on board! My doc has told me the oodles of benefits of lifting. My main thing in year's past has been cardio, lifting had intimidated me. Would love more friends with the same goals and interests. :)
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy lifting. 3 days of cardio and 2 of lifting a week.
  • tannadine
    tannadine Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get into lifting but I'm not sure where to start - what's better, bodyweight exercises or free weights/machines at the gym?
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add :) I've been lifting for over a year now, finished NROL4W and have moved on to NROL Supercharged.
  • MissMaggieDee
    MissMaggieDee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting like a month and a half ago and would love to have some friends who lift also! Feel free to add :)
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the responses! I think I added everyone but if I missed anyone just add me.

I do all my lifting at home. Luckily my husband loves to lift so our garage is basically a gym. We just bought a few more pieces yesterday :smiley:

I've been following the Shortcut to Shred programme from Bodybuilding.com. I found it really easy to follow and a nice intro to lifting.
  • MichelleS08
    MichelleS08 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Anyone as well Feel free to add me! I have been lifting for almost two years now :) and now expanding my basement to a home gym