weight loss help

Hi, I'm new to the chat room but have been using fitnesspal for the last 12 week's
I haven't always logged everything but getting better
So far I've lost 15lbs.
Looking for motivation tips to keep going, thanks

Replies

• Congrats on the weight loss. The hardest part is getting started. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and I'm only 22. I must start a low carb diet which will be hard. Your advice would be wonderful. Keep up the hard work!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Motivation comes from you.
    Read the stickies to increase your knowledge on how weight loss works.
    Get yourself a good set of friends if you wnat people to encourage you.
    Weigh and log all your food.
    Be prepared for stalls as your body adjusts.
    Do exercise.
    Commit to handling situations when they get hard if you are serious about reaching goal.
    Return consistent calorific deficits.
    Dont demonise food.
    Dont beat up on yourself.
    Keep going.
    Focus on small achievable targets to build momentum.
  • Hi thanks for your comments. Sorry to hear of your ailment and you so young. Take it easy to start please.
    I'm 41 I had 3 heart attacks, since the age of 26. I was always a bit active but not in the fitness side, so my wife started using fitnesspal and I see the results everyday so I gave it a shot. The first 10 days are the hardest but after that I just fell into it and I don't even think about the extra food I used to eat. Get over the first 10 and you will fly thru this and the pain you have from the arthritis will hopefully ease
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    I am soo sorry to hear about the heart attacks!!

I definitely agree with the first 10 day theory. It is really about just pushing through and continuing. Every small change/decision that you make will eventually have BIG results!
  • Thanks, I've another 14lbs to go and it's harder to shift them. My goal is 2lbs a week