Hello! Newbie here...

Options
Hi, there. My doctor instructed me to lose weight and so here I am. She has started me on a ketogenics plan - low carb, high fat, real food. My kickoff date is January 1st. My biggest motivation is to be the healthiest mom I can be so that I have the energy to run after my young son.

I'm a little nervous about giving up carbs and how I'm going to feel as my body transitions to ketogenics. Any advice from any you low-carbers out there? I'm looking forward to the support and advice that this board has to offer.

Replies

• emma48209
    emma48209 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    This forum is great with encouragement from members i have lost fifty pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend... Emma
  • minibagz1203
    minibagz1203 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This website, MFP friends and app helps keep me on track better than my real life family and friends do! You will do great on here as long as you are true to yourself. And if you go over (which I have Lol) just log it and try again tomorrow. Just take it a day at a time, that makes it less over whelming. You can add me for support
  • kezzab1978
    kezzab1978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I found MFP really good for helping keep track of my intake. It's really good to know where I was going wrong.
    I haven't done so well recently so I am back to whip myself into shape and was advised to try the community for support.
    If you like, add me and I will be pleased to offer you mutual support
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm looking to follow a similar type of plan in a hope to lean out and lose fat. Happy to be friends