May Century plus cycling challenge

Options
Tiggerrick
Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
I love to cycle, and put quite a few number of miles on my road and mountain bikes. Here's a challenge for you cyclists: Total at least 100mi in the month of May. Ofcourse, some of you cycle more than others, so if you feel this is not enough, tell us your personal challenge, build a ticker, and let's go! Here's the format I am proposing:

Monthly Goal: 100mi
Week 1: Miles cycled: Notes
Week 2: Miles cycled: Notes
Week 3: Miles cycled: Notes
Week 4: Miles cycled: Notes
Week 5: Miles cycled: Notes

Total miles:
Miles to go:

If anything interesting happens to you, or you see something you wish to share while cycling, do that too. Don't be afraid to 'friend' me.

Replies

• carjohnson2
    Options
    I was doing 100 miles a week until recently. But, I lost my motivation. I hope this challenge helps me get back on the saddle.
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    100 a week is quite a number carjohnson2. I'm not quite there, but going for 200 for the month.

exercise.png
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did a century ride about 2 years ago and for some reason just stopped riding my bike. I got back on it this morning and it felt wonderful. It was a short ride, only 11 miles, but it was great.

I can't figure out how to add a cycling ticker and still keep my running ticker so I'll just have to update manually.

My goal for May is 100 miles. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Count me in.
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    Lets get some more cyclists. C'mon people, you know you love to cycle.
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    bump
  • secogeni
    secogeni Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I did my first 22 miles this last Saturday. :)
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    I did my first 31 yesterday, planning on a morning ride tomorrow. Weather should be nice, and my goal a little closer.
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    I won't get to ride more this week, I don't think I'll have the time. So my numbers for weeks one will be

Week 1: 62.32 mi. . Weather starting go heat up, but cool enough in the morning for some nice SoCal rides.

Goal for the month 200. 137.7 to go.

exercise.png
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    Did another 25.11 miles today, wasn't quite up to the full 30. Maybe Thur.
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    GOAL 200mi

Week 1: 62.32 mi. . Weather starting go heat up, but cool enough in the morning for some nice SoCal rides.
    Week 2: 56.53mi. Sudden cool down in weather made for some beautiful rides :-)

Current total : 118.85mi
    To go: 81.2mi

Maybe my goal was a little conservative....Or I will just add some Mountain Cycling to the mix. On my mountain bike I only do 5 to 10 miles at a time.

exercise.png
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    GOAL 200mi

Week 3: 61.5mi. All on one day. I really wanted to push it to 80mi, but with the weight loss, my energy reserves are low, and I didn't calorie load. Overcast at the beach, but beautiful never the less.

Current total : 180.3mi.
    To go: 19.7mi

Maybe my goal was a little conservative....Or I will just add some Mountain Cycling to the mix. On my mountain bike I only do 5 to 10 miles at a time.

exercise.png
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    Getting down to the last few days of the month. How are you guys doing? Have you met your goal?
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    Met my goal today. Hit 204. Plan on a long ride Monday to add to this total. Exceeded my expectations so I may push myself in June. The weather here in Arkansas is beginning to feel like summer which means high humidity and warmer temps. I will have to begin early morning rides soon. I don't fare well with heat and humidity.
  • Tiggerrick
    Options
    GOAL 200mi

Week 3: 61.5mi. All on one day. I really wanted to push it to 80mi, but with the weight loss, my energy reserves are low, and I didn't calorie load. Overcast at the beach, but beautiful never the less.
    Week 4: 10.45 mi. These are MOUNTAIN miles. There was an elevation gain of 1763 feet. SoCal looks so beautiful from way up there.
    Week 5: 15.71 mi. on the last day of the month. This was a leisurely ride by my standards. I met my goal. Hope you all did too and are up for simmilar numbers in June. =)

Current total : 206.16

The Inland Empire starts heating up too, then we have to deal with the Santa Ana winds. Earlier morning rides are in store for me too.

exercise.png

New Challenge here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/252405-june-century-plus-cycling-challenge
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This stinks. I set a goal of 100 miles on my bike for May and I pulled my neck out the last week so I only made 92 miles. I haven't been able to left my head high enough to see what's in front of me when I ride so I thought it best not to... So I'll set the same goal for June.