Ninja recipes?

Options
jnv7594
jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
I got a Ninja for an early Christmas present, so now I'm in search of good recipes to make. Any ideas? Also, I can't use almond milk, and I notice many smoothie recipes call for it. Any ideas for a good substitute? Thanks. :)

Replies

• MsOpus
    MsOpus Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Not a smoothie recipe, but I made this in my ninja. Approx 160 calories each. So easy to make, and clean up. Unfortunately, my DH and son love them so much I'm lucky if I get one. PS they have no idea they are made with chickpeas. I'm still working on finding good smoothie recipes myself.

Healthy Brownie Muffins
    1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained, rinsed
    3 large eggs
    ½ cup pure maple syrup
    1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tsp. baking soda
    3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
    1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
    1/3 cup dark chocolate chips

Preparation:
    1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
    2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or coating with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
    3. Place chickpeas, eggs, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut oil, and extract in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth.
    4. Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
    5. Top each muffin with about four chocolate chips; push into batter.
    6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
    7. Cool completely and enjoy!
  • jnv7594
    Options
    Thank you. :) I may have to give these a try.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    It is Christmas Day here in Australia so Merry Christmas to you all!! :)

I have received a Ninja as well and am so excited. Can't wait to try out some new recipes. I have a Oscar juicer which I love and have been using an little Magic Bullet for smoothies. With my Ninja I should be able to combine both and use a lot more vegetables. And I am certainly going to try Brownie Muffins - they sound yummy. Have a great Christmas. :D
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've been making mashed cauliflower the past couple weeks with mine. Gives me the "fix" as I have a craving for white carbs from time to time. Add some garlic powder, cheese, pepper, salt, whatever, it's pretty good. Oh, I cook the cauli first to make it soft. And add some low fat butter sub to whip it up.
    Have fun !
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    It is Christmas Day here in Australia so Merry Christmas to you all!! :)

I have received a Ninja as well and am so excited. Can't wait to try out some new recipes. I have a Oscar juicer which I love and have been using an little Magic Bullet for smoothies. With my Ninja I should be able to combine both and use a lot more vegetables. And I am certainly going to try Brownie Muffins - they sound yummy. Have a great Christmas. :D

Merry Christmas Australia !
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    I've been making mashed cauliflower the past couple weeks with mine. Gives me the "fix" as I have a craving for white carbs from time to time. Add some garlic powder, cheese, pepper, salt, whatever, it's pretty good. Oh, I cook the cauli first to make it soft. And add some low fat butter sub to whip it up.
    Have fun !

Sounds VERY good!! I recieved my ninja for Christmas too!!! Yay! The recipe book that came with it does have some tasty recipes in it as well but I bet not the brownies or cauliflour. Great ideas!
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Oh, Ninja's a blender. And here I am thinking this thread is about some awesome, stealthy, and quick cooking.
  • Glytcher
    Glytcher Posts: 12 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    My mom uses Rice Milk or Lactaid for her smoothies, and adds a bit of plain yogurt to them as well.
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    :( My Ninja didn't have the recipe book with it and no instructions. Someone must have pinched it out of the box. I am like a kid with a toy and no batteries.

Never mind. I am sure the big roast dinner with the family will make up for it. Just carved up the turkey and it is yummy. :)
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    Options
    either greek yogurt or coconut milk is good in those smoothies OR just little water.. i did that today..
  • ardysedwardsmcgrath
    Options
    has any1use that cauliflower to make a pizza crust? Good luck w/your Ninja! i wish i had 1 i just a bullet one@work..
  • jnv7594
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas everyone. Hope you are all having a great Christmas. :)
  • verasdaughter
    verasdaughter Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have just been using water or green tea for the liquid. I got my ninja to incorporate more veggies in my daily diet so I have been doing green smoothies. My favorite so far is - one frozen banana, one apple, 1/2 cup of carrots, a couple handfuls of spinach and for the liquid either water or green tea. I have found drinking my smoothies out of a straw better to for some reason. You can search smoothie recipes on here. Lot's of them here and I found lots of them on pinterest. Have fun!
  • verasdaughter
    Options
    I have just been using water or green tea for the liquid. I got my ninja to incorporate more veggies in my daily diet so I have been doing green smoothies. My favorite so far is - one frozen banana, one apple, 1/2 cup of carrots, a couple handfuls of spinach and for the liquid either water or green tea. I have found drinking my smoothies out of a straw better to for some reason. You can search smoothie recipes on here. Lot's of them here. Have fun!
  • DebiW1211
    DebiW1211 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have just been using water or green tea for the liquid. I got my ninja to incorporate more veggies in my daily diet so I have been doing green smoothies. My favorite so far is - one frozen banana, one apple, 1/2 cup of carrots, a couple handfuls of spinach and for the liquid either water or green tea. I have found drinking my smoothies out of a straw better to for some reason. You can search smoothie recipes on here. Lot's of them here and I found lots of them on pinterest. Have fun!
    That sounds yummy. Going to the store today for more ninja ingredients. I too got mine this year for Christmas.
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    Someone had pinched the recipe book out of my Ninja before I bought. The store gave me another one. I know "detox" is a dirty word on this forum but did anyone try the 3 day detox program. After Christmas you sure feel like you need it. :p I feel even one day would be beneficial.
  • verasdaughter
    Options
    Just had one tonight that is now my favorite. Blueberries, peach, banana and kale. It also had almond milk in the recipe. I used cashew milk but again you can just use water or green tea for the liquid. First time having a kale smoothie. Found the recipe on pinterest.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    We just got a Ninja for Christmas too. I made a smoothie from the 100 Days of Real Food cookbook that was good. My picky four year old even drank it up and asked for more. It is not really low cal so I may try it with PB2 next time around but it was good.

1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup apple juice, 1/3 cup peanut butter,1 or 2 ripe bananas, 1 cup of spinach, and 1 cup of mixed berries. I used 2 bananas and it came out really thick and I had to add water. Makes 2-3 servings.
  • LeenaGee
    Options
    Just had a vegetable juice for breakfast and it was a tad disgusting. Any tips on how to improve this one - beetroot, spinach, carrot, cucumber, apple and ice. I was thinking maybe ginger. Any suggestions?

Mango makes an amazing smoothie. It is like ice cream. Mango, raw egg and milk. Yummy.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ugh the Orange Chocolate blast in the book was not good at all. My two year old drank it but he will drink anything. Dumped a lot down the sink.