I NEED A WEIGHT LOSS BUDDY

Options
Hi everyone!

My name is Mel and I'm 18 years old. I am 5'7" and currently weigh 217.5 lbs, which is the largest I've ever been. I hope to get down to about 130 lbs! Since I was young, I have struggled with my weight. But since I am going to college next year, I'd really like to start it off being healthy and confident.

My biggest problem with my weight loss goals is that I have ZERO control. I have this immense desire to lose weight, but then still lay around and eat badly. I've lost weight succesfully before, but I just feel that I need someone with me cheering me on.

I'd love if someone around my age (gender doesn't matter) and weight loss goals would want to buddy up! I feel like doing this together would make us much more accountable and that much closer to reaching our goals.

Please let me know if you're interested! I'd love to meet some new people :)

Replies

• angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hey Mel! I'm no where near your age, but I too feel the need to have someone "beside" me every step of the way to help hold me accountable for my weight loss and exercise.

I am 38 years old. I am about 5'10" and weigh 193 (I have some how lost nearly 15 pounds since school started this year). I work at the high school here and have had to take on a lot of extra responsibilities this year which could account for my weight loss, but also for my sleep loss. I don't sleep well at night, so I don't feel like my losing weight has been healthy by any means. I would like to change that.

I know you are looking for someone close to your age and goals, but know you are not alone in the fight! This is a good place to find supporters!

Good luck!!!
  • goodbyefathellome
    Options
    angiedwill wrote: »
    Hey Mel! I'm no where near your age, but I too feel the need to have someone "beside" me every step of the way to help hold me accountable for my weight loss and exercise.

I am 38 years old. I am about 5'10" and weigh 193 (I have some how lost nearly 15 pounds since school started this year). I work at the high school here and have had to take on a lot of extra responsibilities this year which could account for my weight loss, but also for my sleep loss. I don't sleep well at night, so I don't feel like my losing weight has been healthy by any means. I would like to change that.

I know you are looking for someone close to your age and goals, but know you are not alone in the fight! This is a good place to find supporters!

Good luck!!!

Thank you so much! :)
  • 4lexnicol3
    4lexnicol3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Mel! I'm 21 and I'm 5'3" and I weigh 220. Two years ago I weighed 266 so I've lost a significant amount of weight. However last year I was down to 185 and ended up gaining weight. I am, however, in a much better place emotionally now then I have ever been so I'm accepting the gain for what it is and now trying to lost weight again. My goal weight is roughly 160. I go to college and almost have my associate's degree in psychology.

I would LOVE to have a weight loss buddy. My biggest issue is impulse control. Knowing I have someone to talk to when I'm dealing with a craving would be great. Even just check ins. Feel free to email me or add me on facebook or whatever!
  • smekavutikul
    Options
    Heyyyyyy :) iam 19 and need to lose 20/30 pounds myself :) i would be really ice if i have friends to do it with :))) iam a weak hearted dieterrrrrr
  • lilly123ish
    lilly123ish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 22 and needed to lose a stone to a stone and a half and would love some weight loss buddy's. Everyone feel free to add me
  • Krysla91
    Options
    Hey! I am 22 and about your size (a little bigger) and I have fluctuated all over the place! I feel the same about the desire but not doing anything about it, up until the last week!
    I've been doing well eating and exersicing and already lost 8 pounds! A lot to go but still :) I could use someone to keep me motivated so if you want to add me, feel free! :)
  • __amylulu
    __amylulu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    new to this forum haha :smile: I'm 18 and hoping to lose around 8-10 pounds too; went on a diet before, but gained everything back recently and feeling dejected as heck...just can't seem to be able to keep myself under control - it's like fighting a battle with yourself! This whole lack of motivation to control my eating habits thing is really interfering with my confidence to excel at other aspects of my life that also requires willpower :( if anyone's feeling the same way feel free to add me up too :)
  • cynthia_oriaku
    Options
    Hey Mel,
    You are not alone. Loosing weight is not an easy task. When I was in high school and some of college I was an average size 10 12. In 2010 I was 275 pounds (Im 5'5) 2011 303 pounds. Final weight May 2013 was 327 pounds!!! Couldnt believe it. I got to 279 by December 2013 and currently I weigh 262 pounds as of December 26,2014. Being overweight has lowered my self esteem severely. Let encourage each other so we can fulfill our weight loss goals. All the best.
    Cynthia
  • wa7752af
    Options
    Hey Mel :) I'm 19 years old too and I've just begun my own weight loss journey. After reading your post, I feel like I could relate to a lot of what you are saying. Next Fall I'm transferring to a new university and I would love to look and feel my best when I do it; however, like you, I have no self-control. Although I only have 15-20 pounds to lose, I've been finding it very difficult - so having a motivation buddy would be cool!

I'm new on this app, so I'm not entirely sure how it works. If you would like to talk sometime and exchange "goals and advice" that would be awesome. It would be great to know that I'm not the only one in the world whose going through a life transition. Good luck!
  • TKKlima
    TKKlima Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs encouragement, including me! What a great group of people on this discussion board though - glad I clicked in.

As for motivation... this sounds so familiar - but - this guy... Newton, I think was his name... said

Newton's First Law of Motion states that a body at rest will remain at rest unless an outside force acts on it, and a body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion in a straight line unless acted upon by an outside force.

(now wonder you recognize the need to motivation!)

The property that a body has that resists motion if at rest, or resists speeding or slowing up, if in motion, is called inertia. Inertia is proportional to a body's mass, or the amount of matter that a body has. The more mass a body has, the more inertia it has. (uh oh!)

Count me into the cheering section and know that I'll be allowing your encouragement to help me stay in motion too!

Happy, prosperous, healthy New Year!!!!
  • Chalicern
    Chalicern Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is so great. As mentioned, it is so much easier with support and fitness pals. I had lost over 20 pounds once while having that kind of support. That's been a while and the weight is back - plus more. I really need to lose 30 pounds and get back into a more healthy lifestyle. 2014 had lots of trials for me, but I've got the right mind set now. I wish all of you the best and would love to have more fitness pal friends for support. Good luck everyone!!!
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me. Im 24 with a four year old and pregnant with my second child. I also have always struggled with dieting and my weight for years. Last february i was 211 lbs at 5'2" and i finally had enough and decided to consistently log here and also join a gym and no more diets, just change my lifestyle... now almost a year later i am 159 lbs and im no longer the obese range. Never ever thought id see the day ESPECIALLY while pregnant lol.
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. That goes to anyone on here. I'm 25 years old. My highest weight was 208. Right now I'm stuck at about 170. I've lost a majority of my weight through weight loss dvds. The first picture in my set is back in April, so I've made progess. I'm always happy to lend support or advice :smile: