gained back weight that I lost frustrating

Options
Hello I was cutting for a while and I was going to the gym normal. I got a injury so my boxing and normal gym routine was stopped.
The diet became a mess I began slowly slipping up. I am going to weigh myself tommorow but I know iv gained alot of weight back.

any helpful motivation and advice

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pull up your bootstraps and get back to it! You don't lose weight in the gym, you do it in the kitchen. You've got this.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Pull up your bootstraps and get back to it! You don't lose weight in the gym, you do it in the kitchen. You've got this.

thank you diet from tomorrow will be more strict and clean. I will need to wait for my injuries to heal then back to the gym

• Fatkat121212
    Options
    Maybe don't weigh yourself?

Eat like you were previously then weigh a week from now. You probably haven't gained as much as you think you have.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Me, I'd weigh-in. Face where you're at, and work from there to better yourself. Injuries usually don't prevent all forms of exercise, but they can be dangerous, as they break the healthy routines we've spent time cultivating. Find a new routine that you can try tomorrow. Good luck! :)
  • LeGrognard
    Options
    Add me. I dropped 100 and put 70 back on. Back on the horse, not stuffing my miserable pie hole and moving again. Did join a gym this time.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Figure out what was wrong last time. You lost it and then gained it back. Try a different approach this time - something that would make it harder to gain back. I'm just pulling that out of my hat, :)

I am always interested in learning from others' mistakes. Did you make lifestyle changes last time, portion adjustments, temporary cutbacks? What was your strategy for losing and for keeping it off? Any idea how you gained it back? (Not why, but how.). If you want to share!!
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    thank you all
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

thank you diet from tomorrow will be more strict and clean. I will need to wait for my injuries to heal then back to the gym

Huh?
  • scotty8775
    scotty8775 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 years old and have shoulder, neck, and knee problems. My commitment is to not overdo my workouts but most importantly never miss one either. I'm progressing by both keeping track of my reps and only lifting weights three days a week. I'm trying to do it SLOW. "Rome wasn't built in a day, but they where laying bricks every hour." Quote by my favorite blogger, James Clear
  • AsrarHussain
    Options

Huh?
    I have injuries thats the reason I was not on my diet but I railed way of my diet.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options

Huh?
    I have injuries thats the reason I was not on my diet but I railed way of my diet.

The hun was referring to the strict and clean part. Eat at a deficit and you'll lose.
  • carlosduncan98229
    Options

Huh?

• karensuegill
    karensuegill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've dieted several times in my adult life and have gained all the weight back and then some several times. What I am doing this time that I did not do any of the previous times, is I am changing my brain to think differently about my diet and exercise. It has to be a commitment for life, not just a temporary change. I know I have to eat healthy for the rest of my life. Exercise and moving are an important part, but what you put in your mouth is even more important. Be interested in learning all you can about health and nutrition. Don't let someone else tell you facts. You find them out by researching it yourself. Become passionate about health and fitness. Tell others about what you've learned. Help others to get healthy too. Decide that you are worth it and your health is worth it. Be around and talk to other people who are getting and staying healthy. Find out what some of their secrets to staying healthy are. Journal your thoughts when you are having success and when you have fallen off the wagon. Write down what you've learned. We often learn
    more from our failures than from our successes. Forgive yourself, pick yourself up and get
    right back with it. It's an important life lesson in how to be successful in anything you choose to do in life. Stay connected with friends on MFP. Pray and ask God to help you.
    He has transformed my thinking and my life!