Official First Summer Weightloss Challenge: Team Purple

Options
Hello you guys! I will be the leader of this group for this challenge. My name is Lorena, and I will be turning 19 on June 14. I have been "chubby" all my life. But then it went out of control. My mom was a leukemia patient, and our life changed completely. sophomore year I was 160. I gained 20 lbs my Junior year. And by the end of Senior year I was over 220 lbs. I got depressed because I couldnt wear any of my jeans. I wore maternity jeans for a while and I felt horrible. I ginally got tired of leaving stores in tears because nothing fit me. Thats when I decided to change that. So far I have lost almost 40 lbs. And since MFP alone, 20. I may be young but I do know what it feels like to be like this. So welcome to my team, our team. I will try to encourage all of you the best I can. I think its important for us to get to know each other. So we can support each other the best we can. I would also like to share my email with you guys sometimes I read those first. Welcome, and share your story.
Xoxo,
Lore

Replies

• 149Lore
    149Lore Posts: 75
    Options
    I forgot, please try your best to get your weights in to me by Monday morning. Oh and my email is l.silguero@ymail.com.
    :)
  • lynnie07
    lynnie07 Posts: 52
    Options
    Well I've been drafted to your team and that is great. I don't mind changing as long as the outcome is good. My name is Lynn and I've been overweight especially after my son's birth. I gained up to 260 lbs. Yup, my life well what life. There was nothing quality about it that is for sure. I finally woke up and lost 70 lbs by eating right. A few years later my son was diagnosed with autism (he is ok now). My world came crashing down on me and gained 50 lbs. Since the last year in a half, I've started training again and lost 45lbs. Youpie, I am me again. I still have to loose a little over 40 lbs and then I will be satisfied with the person I am. I don't want to live to eat, I want to eat enough to live. I exercise very hard and give it my all. If ever you need tips on how to make your workout work for you well don't hesitate to ask. It's about burning the most calories in as little time possible. Quality is better than quantity! I know I need support just like we all do and, I'll be there to help motivate you all! Let Go PURPLE!
  • Sandie001
    Sandie001 Posts: 29
    Options
    Yay - new start to a new challenge and hello PURPLE team. My weight has gone up and down all my life but I managed to somehow get to my heaviest at the end of 2010. I felt very uncomfortable and very unhealthy. Since the new year and finding MFP I have changed my life completely. Having not exercised properly since being at school (many many years ago) I now karate train 3 times a week and take our very lively labrabor dog for nice long walks. I am now 24lb lighter thanks to this site, the last challenge and the support for my friends on here. So here we go again and I am sure we will all do well with the support from each other. Let's get going TEAM PURPLE whoop whoop whoop :happy:
  • WanderLaura
    WanderLaura Posts: 135
    Options
    Well I've been drafted to your team and that is great. I don't mind changing as long as the outcome is good. My name is Lynn and I've been overweight especially after my son's birth. I gained up to 260 lbs. Yup, my life well what life. There was nothing quality about it that is for sure. I finally woke up and lost 70 lbs by eating right. A few years later my son was diagnosed with autism (he is ok now). My world came crashing down on me and gained 50 lbs. Since the last year in a half, I've started training again and lost 45lbs. Youpie, I am me again. I still have to loose a little over 40 lbs and then I will be satisfied with the person I am. I don't want to live to eat, I want to eat enough to live. I exercise very hard and give it my all. If ever you need tips on how to make your workout work for you well don't hesitate to ask. It's about burning the most calories in as little time possible. Quality is better than quantity! I know I need support just like we all do and, I'll be there to help motivate you all! Let Go PURPLE!

GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to get started!!
  • Restlessme
    Restlessme Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm 18, been overweight since...6 perhaps?
    Trying to lose weight for health, vanity and confidence reasons before college. I've always been heavy but because of my height, it wasn't too noticeable or I at least carried the weight well. It was finally in a prom photo last year that I really understood how horrible my problem with weight had become. I felt miserable looking at the photo of me in my gown and I don't ever want to feel that way again.

Many of the things I struggle with are the food choices I make and the amount of exercise I put into things. I often have candy from the vending machine for my entire lunch and my exercise involves ten minutes of hula hooping on the Wii (not difficult at all), so I definitely need to change those things.
  • WanderLaura
    WanderLaura Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi!! :) I'm Laura I've been doing this for a couple of months now.... I've been trying to lose weight for 3 years. haha.
    When I graduated high school in 2005, I weighed 140 pounds, and was toned and strong and in great shape! When I went to college, I had no idea how to exercise on my own, so I didn't. I ate jimmy john's at 3 in the morning and I drank way to much. haha! So, of course, I gained 90 pounds. I got all the way up to 230 and I was miserable. I realized that not only was I feeling terrible all the time, I couldn't jump anymore, and I couldn't even run because my chesticles had gotten so big. haha! Anyway, what really brought me to the realization that I needed to lose weight BADLY was a slap in the face! Last year about this time, I started bleeding REALLY badly and almost died on my bathroom floor from blood loss before my husband got off work and found me. He rushed me to the hospital and I had to get 3 blood transfusions. The doctors finally ended up figuring out what was wrong with me: I had a fibroid tumor that had pushed it's way into one of my arteries and burst it. yeah.... it sucked.... anyway.... I was in bed for about 3 weeks, and I lost 20 pounds. Since my metabolism had slowed so much, I gained 10 back, but then got on the bandwagon to lose lots and lots. Since February, I have lost 23 pounds. I am below 200, and I am running almost daily! :) I feel great and I LOOK GREAT!! I just recently snuck my way back into size 14s, and I'm creeping my way back to 12s slowly!!

In any case, I am incredibly motivated. haha. If you see anyone on this site daily, you'll see me! I a really hard on myself, but in a healthy way, and if you want, I can be a motivator for you as well!! :) I am a PRO DIETER! seriously, I have gotten so good at it! hahaha!!

That's not everything, but it's a lot so I'll stop now. haha!! Good luck to everybody! I'm sooooo excited! :)