Wow! Send motivation and inspiration my way!

Options
Hello, I am ready to take on the challenge set here before me...but I need motivation and inspiration to keep me going. I am usually good right out of the gate, but peeter out after only a few weeks. It is almost as if I get bored with the same exercise routine, the same foods to eat, etc. So I am trying something new! Counting calories instead of points. Who knew, that my HS gym teacher would come to haunt me in my later life :)

Replies

• SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When I need motivation I look through the "Success Stories" section on here. Seeing Before and During/After pics always gives me a boost!
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me if you want. Im trying to be in it for the long haul = )
  • Nursebeachnut
    Options
    Add me. I would love to be a part of your journey! You can do this!
  • mtasleem
    mtasleem Posts: 49
    Options
    Good luck with everything! I know what you mean. doing the same thing for a long period of time does get boring. Feel free to add me for motivation :)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Motivation & Inspiration to you!
  • centralcoastgirl
    Options
    I've found great inspriation on this site! I've done the point system in the past and was succesful when I attended meetings, but not so good on my own, no accountablity. I've always known that diet and exercise are the key to weight loss. This site actually shows you how and makes it so easy to track. I've only been a member for 5 weeks and have lost 5 lbs. My sister has lost over 20 lbs and she is on a roll! Like she says "Weight loss is addicting!" Stick with it, it works. And just remember "Take one day at a time, some days are better than others!" Good luck to you and much success!!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I agree - Success Stories help. I actually just went through my first slump - got through the first few weeks great as usual, then slowly fell off the wagon. I do that all the time, too. I expected to last a few weeks, then I'd fail - again. But I just kept coming back here, kept logging in, kept trying and failing everyday. Finally, just in the last couple of days, I am feeling like I'm back on track - AND I weighed in and I'm down another two pounds! So, hang in there. Spend the first few weeks setting yourself up for success, and then stick to those routines when you feel yourself sliding. You'll get through it.
  • moyafigura
    moyafigura Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    When I need motivation I look through the "Success Stories" section on here. Seeing Before and During/After pics always gives me a boost!

I do the same :)
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! i have found such great support and inspiration on this site! Good luck!
  • TheresaRichardson
    Options
    MFP is a great site for motivation and inspiration. Feel free to add me. Need to support each other!
  • lisa35120
    lisa35120 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've found MFP to be a great place to get motivation! Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • just_the2of_us
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the motivational tips and inspiring words.
  • dedmon
    dedmon Posts: 19
    Options
    My prime motivation factor is the desire to get into the Army, although I have my doubts of getting in....I'm equally happy to do this to increase my chances of being alive long enough to see my four children (ages 1,3,4, & 9) graduate from High School and beyond.

But what keeps my drive and determination going is the embarrassment of quitting or failing because either so many have witnessed my efforts or I've verbally told them my goals. So in a sense, there is this great pressure I've put on myself to not live up to what my excess fat says to some people.....and that's being a lazy @**.

Most importantly....I'm doing this for me. I have no problems keeping up with my car, my house, my kids, and my wifes welfare. It's time to love myself enough too.

Maybe there's something you can do in a similar way that would provide you with the commitment you seek?
  • MelHoneyRocks
    MelHoneyRocks Posts: 223
    Options
    I've found great inspriation on this site! I've done the point system in the past and was succesful when I attended meetings, but not so good on my own, no accountablity. I've always known that diet and exercise are the key to weight loss. This site actually shows you how and makes it so easy to track. I've only been a member for 5 weeks and have lost 5 lbs. My sister has lost over 20 lbs and she is on a roll! Like she says "Weight loss is addicting!" Stick with it, it works. And just remember "Take one day at a time, some days are better than others!" Good luck to you and much success!!

My sister is the best!
    I love her!
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My prime motivation factor is the desire to get into the Army, although I have my doubts of getting in....I'm equally happy to do this to increase my chances of being alive long enough to see my four children (ages 1,3,4, & 9) graduate from High School and beyond.

But what keeps my drive and determination going is the embarrassment of quitting or failing because either so many have witnessed my efforts or I've verbally told them my goals. So in a sense, there is this great pressure I've put on myself to not live up to what my excess fat says to some people.....and that's being a lazy @**.

Most importantly....I'm doing this for me. I have no problems keeping up with my car, my house, my kids, and my wifes welfare. It's time to love myself enough too.

Maybe there's something you can do in a similar way that would provide you with the commitment you seek?

Well said...
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I totally know what it's like to commit to getting in shape, just to fizzle out in a couple weeks. But MFP is amazing to help keep you motivated!!

My advice:

- Join challenges in the message boards. They will help you stay committed, and meet new MFP friends, who are priceless.
    - Count calories, so you know how much you are really eating. It's the simplest tool around.
    - For me, what has really made me commit to working out (and I've been going solid since Feb 6th), is finding a workout that keeps you going, every day, or almost every day. For me, it was the 30 Day Shred DVD. If you can commit to something for a month, you are very likely to stick with it in the long run!

GOOD LUCK!!! :drinker:
  • Joyous7000
    Joyous7000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your not alone in that! Go!