HAVE INCREASED CALORIE INTAKE TO 1350

Options
kellyged
kellyged Posts: 8 Member
Was always hungry so figured i needed to do some research so I am eating too little!!

Lets see if this helps.

Thanks guys, its been helpful so far.

x

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I did that a while back and the first two weeks of taking in more calories, I lost double, almost triple weekly as I was previously! I hope it works for you!
  • ccclay
    ccclay Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm feelign the hunger now and wondering if I should do the same and up my intake! Were you on 1200?
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I was stuck, too. and so far (been about a week) I have also lost more than ever in the same amount of time. YAY for food!!! :)
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Another increaser, I was stalled for 120 days :grumble: :laugh:

The longer you are at a deficit the more your body rebels :smile:
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've done this before too and it REALLY bumped up my weight loss!! Turns out my body was holding onto weight when I was only eating 1200!
  • mesmerina78
    Options
    How do you increase your calorie count? I haven't been able to figure that out.
  • ang16
    ang16 Posts: 91
    Options
    I was speaking to a friend of mine who is a personal trainer and he said I should up my intake to 1500 as I was eating too less than my body would like.
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing today as I have stayed at the same weight for a few weeks now. Going to see if that helps.
  • TheGooby
    TheGooby Posts: 22
    Options
    Am I reading this right? If you UP your calorie intake you actually lose MORE weight? Please tell me it's true :drinker:
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I just increased mine to 1350 also last week and will see how it works. I have lost about 1 pound/week in the past month of joining MFP, but it feels like that is a normal weight fluctuation and that I really haven't lost anything.
  • sare26
    sare26 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this morning that i have to do the same. no weight has come off for over 3 weeks. fingers crossed i start seeing some progress
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Here is what is happening... There is a fine line between too little and too much food for weight loss. Too few sends you into starvation mode, too much and you gain weight. When you hit that perfect number the weight will peel off.

The OP is seeing this at 1350 instead of 1200... For me it's 1450... So finding that magic number will increase your success.
  • TheGooby
    TheGooby Posts: 22
    Options
    So how do you find your 'magic number'? Trial and Error or is it more scientific than that?
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    So how do you find your 'magic number'? Trial and Error or is it more scientific than that?

Trial and error is correct... There are a number of factors that prevent a scientifically consistent number:

1) Metabolism rate
    2) Calories burned in a given day
    3) Regular eating schedules that affect your metabolism
    4) Food choices.

To be honest, I have been tinkering with my food diary for months now... I have lost 52 pounds and am currently maintaining muscle mass... I eat just about the same things every single day... Bland as it sounds it works and works well. At 36 I am a top level athlete!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

if you're hungry all the time, raise it about 100 cal. Give that 2 full weeks to work. Re-evaluate after 2 weeks, maybe add more, maybe not.

I lost the first 10 at 1200, then it STOPPED. I had to raise it to 1500 to lose the rest, and the last 3 came off at 1600.
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I recently bumped my calories up to 1350 (on MollyDolly's advice :)) And have seen a massive improvement,
    I had been gaining and loosing the same kilo again and again. Since putting my calories up I've lost that one and the next one in about 2 weeks :)
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    bump
  • getupandgo
    getupandgo Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • goodfella999z
    Options
    my wife seems to be having this problem shes 5' 2 '' and 138 she works out 30 mins 4-5 days a week cardio/arobic and has only lost 3 lbs in 5 weeks total calories in is 850-900 daily I wonder if she needs more?
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    my wife seems to be having this problem shes 5' 2 '' and 138 she works out 30 mins 4-5 days a week cardio/arobic and has only lost 3 lbs in 5 weeks total calories in is 850-900 daily I wonder if she needs more?
    Absolutely. Her net calories should be 1200 per day or higher.