Flavored water packs

Options
Ok I must ask for those of you who've drank your bottled water both WITH flavor packs and WITHOUT....did you notice a slower weight loss when you drank it WITH flavor? I understand that almost all of the flavor packs are sugar-free and have hardly any sodium but my reason for asking is because when I flavor mine, I don't seem to run to the bathroom as much. Any advice would be helpful...

Replies

• Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's funny you asked this question right as I'm shaking up a pack of Hawaiian punch Green Berry Rush Singles to go! 5 calories
    My weight loss is still pretty steady and good! I started using the weilers light packs a couple months ago and started noticing I drank more water, but became real sleepy by 1pm. Don't really know if that has much to do with anything but it still made me worried. I try to use 1/2 pack per every bottle of water because I noticed I was consuming about 30 calories alone at work just in packets which can make a world of difference with my calorie intake. So you figure 30 calories a day times 5 days a week is 150 extra calories a week. Anyways I've just started the HP packs so I will update you on those to see if there is a change.

Don't know if this has anything to do with it either but, I did start to notice a little acne on my face so that is also why I slowed down and switched. When I'm at home or gym, I use regular plain water.

Hope it helped. Love you hot cakes.
    Pru
  • mamabosha
    Options
    I use Mio's. They are really good and you can add how much or how little you want. I only use enough to add a little flavor. I find I dddrink way more water that way. Too much and it's like drinking kool aid. It does have a sweettener, but 0 calories.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I noticed the same thing, and that I was getting dry mouth. Did some research and found out that the artificial sweetners in them were the culprit. My dentist warned me that it will cause your mouth to be more acidic and can cause cavities (kind of like a crackhead LOL). I was going through the mio water like crazy, the crystal light packs made me have HORRIBLE heartburn so I just do plain ol water now... sometimes I slice cucumbers in it. Gives it a lttle flavor and makes it a lil crisp!
  • n_rockey
    n_rockey Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well, if you've looked at my diary you might have noticed I'm a Crystal Light addict. I particularly like the Raspberry Peach Fiber because it's the same 10 calories/pk that most of the others are, but it also gives me 3 grams of fiber. I use to drink just plain water exclusively, but I tend to get bored with it. I do stretch the crystal light most of the time though. Ideally I put 1 package in a 32oz water bottle rather than the 16 oz bottle they reccommend. That way I use less calories on it, but I still get the flavor. I haven't noticed any real change in weight loss from using it.
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Ok thankyou ladies!!!
  • meganprinzi
    Options
    These are helpful. I've been getting bored with plain water I'm going to try the cucumber...never thought of that! Thanks!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Try tossing an orange slice in regular water.