motivation and friends for running

Options
Hello, I am starting to train for a half marathon that's in June. And I would really love some friends who run. Cause as my training progresses I may have some questions and I know I will need support and motivation.

Replies

• bearlygood
    bearlygood Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How exciting! I'd be happy to be your friend :) How is training going so far?

I'm currently training for my second half marathon (in late Feb). First was in Oct of this year.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me--but join the long distance runners group. There are quite a few experienced distance runners who have seen nearly everything and give great advice. The advice given on the general forums (with the exception of the stickied "so you want to start running" topic) is hit/miss at best.

Congrats on your goal!
  • minibagz1203
    minibagz1203 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. So far I'm in day two of my own plan I made up and running two miles. But it's great and I'm quite excited to keep going. I ran for about a month before, before I had to stop and was really excited to feel the changes my body went through. Now I'm looking forward to that again.
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

I am two runs away from finishing C210k this week! Then I will be venturing onto half marathon training!

I am a new runner---I started in June of 2014. It took me going through the entire program of C25k to go from hating running to tolerating it. I pushed myself through Couch to 5k because I had never completed an exercise program before AND because I had consistently been losing 1-2 lbs a week on it. I had lost 20 pounds by August 2014! I then picked up the sister running program and have lost another 15 lbs from that.

I now enjoy running and ideally, try to get in 2-3 runs a week. The weather where I'm at has been insanely warm for December in Iowa, so I've been cranking through my runs!

I wish you nothing but the best of luck with the beginning of your training!
  • minibagz1203
    minibagz1203 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much! I love running it clears my head and make me happy all day. I would have finished the c25k program but due to my husband work it wound up conflicting with my running. But I started again and I know I can do it. It's just getting there Lol. and I am using this to lose the baby weight
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started running last August. Did my first 5k in September, then did another 5k and a 10k. Currently training for half in April. (Also doing a 15k in February).

As someone else mentioned, the monthly running group is a thread for running related questions. And posting mileage each month is way to keep yourself motivated as you train.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm training for my 4th half in Feb, plus my 5th & 6th within one weekend in March.

Join the Long Distance Runners group. Great group with some very experienced runners.
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm running my 5th half in 3 weeks. I've done races from 5ks - full distance marathons over 15 years. I'm planning on at least one more half in March and may focus on 5ks and tri's after that. I'm always game to answer questions about running!
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm on week 7 of C25K! :-)
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm running my first half at the end of March, add me! (Like others, I started running thanks to C25K.) Looking forward to joining the distance runners group.
  • bella_babe_86
    bella_babe_86 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    You can add me :D! I just started 10k trainer for the 2nd time and am really getting into running! My goal is to run a marathon or atleast a half marathon by my 30th birthday.
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have always been a runner however I am venturing into new territory and doing a marathon in April.

It is hard at times to fit in running with being a mom and working full-time but I have found that the more I run, the better mom I am. You get a chance to clear your head, focus on you instead of them for a while, and all in all have more energy.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the setting of the goal!

I have run many 1/2 marathons and I am going to run my first full marathon in 1 1/2 weeks.

Good luck! Feel free to add me.
  • ashzacher
    ashzacher Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've run 3 half marathons. I love Hal Higdon's plans. I was super busy and didn't keep up with my running for about 6 months, so I'm currently using his 10K plan. I'd love some runner friends!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I started running just last year and finished my first half marathon in November. I am now training for my next one, which is actually a series of 3 half marathons in April and May this year. Truth be told, all of that is training for a full marathon in October, but I am not signed up for that yet and will see how I am progressing through the 3 half marathons before committing to the full marathon.