New to fitbit

Options
Hello everyone,

I received a fitbit zip for Christmas. I have a MyFitnessPal app I have used on and off. With the new year in a few days, I want to get started, AGAIN, on getting healthier and lose about 30 pounds using both applications to help keep track of my progress.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
  • fbref9
    fbref9 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi. I think you will love your fitbit. I started using my regularly a couple of months ago and since I returned to MFP several weeks ago, I have not been without it unless it is charging. One tip I can give since I sent in a question to MFP for clarification, is that you should not enter your workouts in MFP is the fitbit is already accurately accounting for it. So if you walk or run, then those steps are being accounted for. However if you are lifting, using the stair master with your arms stationary, etc… then you should enter the calories burned into MFP. If you have any questions feel free to message me. Also the group mentioned above is also good.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like support and encouragement.

All the best.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) can be logged either in Fitbit or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overrides your Fitbit data during that time, so I log my exercise in Fitbit.