fitbit flex faulty? what to get now?

Options
So I got a Fitbit flex yesterday as a belated Christmas present. I set it up yesterday at 5 p.m. And between 5 & 9 p.m. It said that I did almost 2000 steps while playing board games. Then while I was sleeping is that I did the hunter and 16 steps between midnight 9 a.m.. And then over the day while working on a computer it said I did 11000 steps that's really not possible. I'm not sure how to change the settings or make it more accurate since I have it on my non dominant hand and I input what my exercises but it just added those on top of the steps I'm not sure if I have to change it somehow or if I have to get something else. What would you suggest if I had to exchange it for something else I want something that monitors sleep, the calories I burn, heart rate, and how many steps I take. What would you suggest?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Fitbit customer service is amazeballs: http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

They'll walk you through the troubleshooting steps (you may need to reset your Flex with a straightened paperclip), and they'll replace a defective Fitbit. (Or if you have a store receipt you can exchange it.)

FYI, there's a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I contacted them through and email and hope they can fix it. If not, I will.return it and get something else.
  • IamMCM
    IamMCM Posts: 122
    Options
    If things don't go well with your Fitbit, take a look at the Basis Peak. I'm a long time Fitbit fan but got tired of waiting for the HR and got the Peak. Very happy so far, although I don't like how it looks (very big for a woman, with blah black band, and colored bands are $30 each). But I love its functionality.
  • UnicornAmanda
    UnicornAmanda Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Try talking to fitbit first to troubleshoot it or have them mail you a replacement. Im in love with my fitbit and its really accurate!
  • kirianna55
    Options
    I have contacted fitbit help but have not heard back. I tried to return the fitbit today but my in laws threw away the receipt so they have to return it and get the money put back on their card. I am debating on getting the Charge hr but don't know if the software in the device has been fixed to make it more than a glorified pedometer. I need something more accurate that doesn't have a stupid chest band because those can not get a reading off me. I tried a Polar FT4M and absolutely hated it.
  • kirianna55
    Options
    They told me basically that if I don't want inaccuracies with my steps, then don't move my hands or do anything like that. I am returning it and looking for something better that isn't a glorified pedometer.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I like my Fitbit One. I clip it in my bra and don't get any extra steps logged due to hand movement.