Seeing the Inches Fall

Options
Hello!
So long story shortened for you.
Lost total of 10lbs since July.
Recently have lost 5lbs while on MFP

I have noticed my clothing does fit better, however I tried measuring myself today and have not seen a fluctuation in inches after loosing these past 5lbs. I was wondering how often do the inches change during weight loss?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different as far as the inches, so there is no real way to answer this. Your clothes are fitting better, WTG!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Maybe you didn't measure in the exact same spot as last time.
    Also, 5 lbs. doesn't change inches very much.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I think 5 pounds of fat is about the size of a loaf of bread. So you can see how spreading the bread slices all over may not amount to much. I've been toning ab muscle and the scale hasn't moved but my pants are lose. Muscle can retain water too. Good luck!
  • hscgirl13
    hscgirl13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Everyone is different as far as the inches, so there is no real way to answer this. Your clothes are fitting better, WTG!
    ^ This

For me I lost 30 kg (66 pounds). I went from a size 14-16 AUS (12-14 US) to size 8-10 AUS (6-8 US). This took about 2 years.

I think my waist was about 80cm and now its 64cm. My hips were 100cm and now its 79cm. Thighs were 58cm and now its 48cm.

Just be patient, it takes time to see results.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It took about 20 pounds of weight loss for people to even see a difference on me. Just know that you're on the right track and the results will follow!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    eh, depends on where you are. If you have a lot to lose, 5 pounds won't make much of a different as far as inches go. I've lost between 20-25 pounds and have lost 5 inches in the hips, 2 in the waist, an inch and a half to 2 inches in the arms, and 2 in my thighs. But really, I don't see a change in inches until entire month-two months of losing.
  • cranden
    cranden Posts: 54 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Im going to start measuring in CM. Easier to see change than inches ;)
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I've lost 36lbs so far and have only lost 2 inches off my hips and lower stomach, but have lost 3 off my upper waist. Since my pants lay at the lower stomach, I haven't noticed a change there, however I have gone from a x-large shirt to a medium.

You're probably losing inches in other places you're not measuring. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30lb and lost enough inches to go from a size 10 to a size 4. Only lost an inch on my chest, but 2 inches from my waist and hips, 3 from my thighs.