VivoFit Sync

Options
I just got a VivoFit for Christmas and am really liking it but I can't figure out how to link it to MFP. It links from the Garmin Connect but it won't sync the other way. Will it? Can anyone help?

Replies

• scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Mine works some of the time. If I use the HRM, it will sometimes sync the workout with MFP. It does not sync the steps.
  • mnsnowflake
    mnsnowflake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you. That stinks. Wish they were more compatible. Maybe there will be updates in the future as technology marches on...
  • wtstephens
    wtstephens Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It was working fine until mid December when it stopped.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    My husband has a samsung phone and it works for him. I have an iphone and it doesn't work for me.
  • amandachambers
    amandachambers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wtstephens wrote: »
    It was working fine until mid December when it stopped.

Same! Stopped earlier this month..it's making me anxious trying to work it out
  • nbybutterfly
    nbybutterfly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got my Vivosmart for Christmas. While I have been lazy since then and not working out I have not seen the problem with activities transferring between Garmin and MFP. What I did quickly notice is that the calories consumed is not trasferring. Is this all part of the same problem? Did this feature work prior to mid-Dec.?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I just got my Vivosmart for Christmas. While I have been lazy since then and not working out I have not seen the problem with activities transferring between Garmin and MFP. What I did quickly notice is that the calories consumed is not trasferring. Is this all part of the same problem? Did this feature work prior to mid-Dec.?

I received the VivoFit early Dec (before the issue).

Here's an example of my exercise diary from before the issue:
    xecihuus0cvf.jpg
    **Aerobics General is a transferred exercise log from Garmin Connect**
    For the day above the specifics come down to:
    Garmin Connect Total Daily Burn - 2185
    MFP estimated Calorie Burn with logged Exercise - 2098

And, here's yesterday:
    rwr7r8jhy2nr.jpg
    Notice that my Garmin Adjustment is missing.
    Garmin Connect Total Daily Burn - 2238
    MFP estimated Calorie Burn with logged Exercise - 2204
    The difference isn't much, but I should still see an adjustment for about 30 calories. On days were I'm really active this can be 200 or more.

As for MFP sending food data. That worked up until around the same time. Now I have to use the manual sync button (Garmin Connect Dashboard) to have it transferred. My food diary currently looks worse than it should because of the missing Adjustments.
  • nbybutterfly
    Options

xecihuus0cvf.jpg

And, here's yesterday:
    rwr7r8jhy2nr.jpg
    The difference isn't much, but I should still see an adjustment for about 30 calories. On days were I'm really active this can be 200 or more.

As for MFP sending food data. That worked up until around the same time. Now I have to use the manual sync button (Garmin Connect Dashboard) to have it transferred. My food diary currently looks worse than it should because of the missing Adjustments.

How do you do a manual sync on the Garmin Connect Dashboard? I thought I did this but it did not work either. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Thanks for the help and for the information.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

xecihuus0cvf.jpg

And, here's yesterday:
    rwr7r8jhy2nr.jpg

How do you do a manual sync on the Garmin Connect Dashboard? I thought I did this but it did not work either. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Thanks for the help and for the information.

There should be a "Sync Now" button at the top of the Calories In/Out tile. Sometimes after clicking it, I have to refresh the page for it to show that it has synced.

udd5vl3ndogx.jpg
  • nbybutterfly
    Options

xecihuus0cvf.jpg

And, here's yesterday:
    rwr7r8jhy2nr.jpg

There should be a "Sync Now" button at the top of the Calories In/Out tile. Sometimes after clicking it, I have to refresh the page for it to show that it has synced.

udd5vl3ndogx.jpg

Interesting, mine does not show that option. :(
  • mnsnowflake
    mnsnowflake Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My phone doesn't have the sync option for the calories but my PC does so I do it there then it updates my phone.
  • nbybutterfly
    Options
    Got it! Thank you so much :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    my ant stick won't work this morning. rats
  • shall1112
    Options
    mine works when I hit sync now from the PC - does not work if I try to do it from my iphone
  • docjuanna
    Options

xecihuus0cvf.jpg

And, here's yesterday:
    rwr7r8jhy2nr.jpg

udd5vl3ndogx.jpg

Interesting, mine does not show that option. :(

This is the screen on my dashboard I am having trouble with. I have the manual sync link, and it says it updates, but I still have no calorie data at all- always reads '0', even though I am updating MFP regularly and completing my food diaries. Is this the function they are talking about in that link where they got a fix but there's a backlog? Help!
  • TriNorm
    TriNorm Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm having the same issue (Garmin data no longer going to MFP - and vice versa). Everything seemed to be working last week and then there were a couple days of this random "Garmin Calorie Adjustment" and now nothing. Help!!???
  • Flea1965
    Flea1965 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Same here!! Both my husband and I got the Vivofit before Christmas and it was working and syncing everything but now it's a battle just to get my steps to sync let alone the calories in/out. I think the two apps/programs are not playing nice with one another, either that or a heck of a lot of Vivofits were sold during the holidays and it's crashing the systems. Hopefully it gets rectified soon. I love the Vivofit but it was really wonderful when it was syncing appropriately.