Team UK & Ireland - May 2011

Options

Replies

• Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi guys. Am still on holidays in Lanzarote. Limited ability to cook and still logging but often having to guess calories. At also a lot more active, i.e. Trail running, fell running, mountain biking, hiking, climbing etc. So hopefully that will off set any eating out.
    It's nice to feel comfortable in a bikini again that's for sure.

Clearly your holiday in Lanzarote and mine were very different...
  • lrns88
    lrns88 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. Am still on holidays in Lanzarote. Limited ability to cook and still logging but often having to guess calories. At also a lot more active, i.e. Trail running, fell running, mountain biking, hiking, climbing etc. So hopefully that will off set any eating out.
    It's nice to feel comfortable in a bikini again that's for sure.

Clearly your holiday in Lanzarote and mine were very different...

I was just thinking that too! My holidays to the Canary Islands often feature Estrella beer, some dodgy looking cocktails and trying to avoid being dragged out to sea whilst on my lilo!!
  • Annerea
    Annerea Posts: 104
    Options
    All inclusive resort, lying on the sun lounger and complaining when it's my turn to go ALL THE WAY UP to get the drinks from the bar...
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    To reach my mini goal of getting under the 12 stone bracket!! (As of this morning, im 12st 1/4!)
    To fit into all size 14 tops! (i fit into some but not all!)
    Lose More inches
    And finally, try and get as much exercise in as possible as im studying for exams!!
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    UggghI just can't seem to snap out of my spade of bad eating at the moment :frown:

I've joined MFP mid January and have been doing well, I'm very, very close to target, but since this weekend I've seem to have lost the plot and all I do is stuff myself with biscuits and sweets (already had some this morning and it's only 9.15...). Have a very bad back as well ánd a headcold, so even on the exercise front I do the bare minimum (a half an hour walk in my lunchbreak yesterday and possibly nothing today, looks like it'll be raining shortly).

Any tips to get me back to my normal self again? I got rid of all my size 14 clothes, so if I start gaining again I'd have a serious problem :laugh: And the way I'm going at the moment, I WILL be gaining. Who can give me that very much needed kick up the *kitten*?
  • Marcus_E
    Marcus_E Posts: 124
    Options
    I've decided to have an alcohol free May

Woah hang on, there's no need to go that far :):laugh: :laugh: But still valid comment though - I've decided to cut the beer out in May and switch to wine and/or spirits (well Gin & Slimline Tonic or Vodka & Soda Water with Crushed Lime).. Beer's my issues - mixing lager / stout / bitter - never a clever idea normally :drinker:
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sorry Mairgehal - can't provide a kick for you ... cos I finally figured out my own kick up the wotsit last night.

Like you, I've been poorly over the BH (and today's the anniversary of my Dad's death), so I'm feeling pretty down yet I've just figured that I won't lose all this weight unless I really do make some real changes - the sort that you've probably already done.

Perhaps you should have a quiet word with yourself? Be nice. Accept that you've listened to your body and it told you to eat/drink whatever ... and then look at your ticker and see how much you've lost. Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • chic_mama_25
    Options
    Lose the weight I gained over the Easter hols and some more!

Specifically try and improve my diet so it is healthier and more filling with less calories - as I struggle with hunger esp when I don't exercise.
  • gonnabeskinny2011
    Options
    hI ME FROM THE UK TOO, JUST STARTED monday, some great ideas on here.........now thinking of giving up wine this month, couldn't give up alcohol altogether for my own sanity, so gonna drink vodka or martini and bitter lemon or lemonade obviously slimline....lol!!!!!
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from the UK (London). My main goal for May is to get through this horrendous plateau that has been ruining my progress for 2/3 weeks. I have also decided to try and get rid of all fizzy drinks except soda water (for the sake of my vodka soda lime I can't give that up!) and get back to not eating anything heavily processed.
  • ephinyb
    ephinyb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, my goal for May is to get below 10st. Not sure I can cut out alcohol altogether, but I have cut right back.
  • sloanranger57
    Options
    Hiya im'm UK too, look forward to reading and chatting

Jo x
  • sloanranger57
    Options
    My goal for may is to get under 13-7 and cut back on the acoho> I work nights 4 0n and 4 off, always have wine on my nights off, at least two large glasses. 4th night off tonight and not a drop, never missed it neither.

jo x
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    Options
    Hey all, nice to see some other Ukers around! Think my goal this month is to get into and Stay in the 180s and start p90x and encourage my partner to start with me. He already said he will give it a month. I need him to do something though, he has type 1 diabetes and he needs to lose that beer belly he's carrying around! =D
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

I've kinda fallen off a bit recently as my body's been messing up (3 periods in 4 weeks!). Off to buy protein powder today and I'm going to start following a daily plan that's similar each day. Been here nearly 3 months, and only lost 3lb. I seem to do well for a bit, then badly for a bit, etc. I figure if I eat similar things each day with a little variation, it might keep me on the right track!

Goals for this month is to get down to 140 - this has been my goal for WEEKS! :frown:
  • ashkaps
    ashkaps Posts: 32
    Options
    I've had the worst Bank Holiday in terms of food. Had bro's 18th and then a friend's birthday - both full of alcohol and not the healthiest of foods. However back at work yesterday and found my routine again. I find it much easier to be in a routine of eating well and exercising when at work. Weekends are just full of rubbish food and lie-in's. Ah well! Hoping to lose a few more kilos this month. Good luck everyone with their goals.
  • mosaix
    mosaix Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey Team UK :-)

Thought I'd join - better late than never right?

My goals for May are:

1. Contine to drink lots of water (but try not to wet myself!)
    2. Up my walking time per day to 30mins & potentially include some jogging.

I'd really like to lose 5lbs in May but we'll see how that goes.

Good luck everyone x
  • teksonic
    teksonic Posts: 2
    Options
    My goal for May is to get below 100kg and the goal after that is to drop out of the BMI obese level into the overweight level
  • gonnabeskinny2011
    Options
    Heres to us all achieving our goals in MAY.............reading thru the posts makes me so inspired!!!!

I want to be 10lbs down by end of may, and "hopefully" had no wine!!!!!! LOL
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    My aim in May is to get down to 120kgs - am currently 123.2 - its my birthday on 3rd June so would like to get to a nice round number in kgs by then