oovoo anyone?

Options
does anyone know how oovoo works exactly?...I was thinking of starting a group of mfp supporters who wouldnt mind using oovoo as another tool to keep us accountable or even skype for that matter....maybe we can have a small group and pick a day to weigh in on the web cam and that way you have witnesses and you have others to make you accountable....what do you think?....anyone want to give it a try? I think this might help me stay focused and on track.....

Replies

• lagosgal
    lagosgal Posts: 17
    Options
    I might be interested but what is oovoo?
  • TrevorElder
    Options
    hey there, my name is Trevor 18 from London
    MSN: trevorelder1993@hotmail.com
    don't have oovoo though, but weighing in would be a great idea, great motivation once a week
    add me
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    RainbowNtheWaterfall Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    its kind of like skype, where you can talk and see each other on web cam.... but you can have multiple people on at once...was thinking if we could get a group started of maybe 4 or 5 to start, we could keep each other accountable....we would have to weigh in weekly for our group meeting and maybe we could discuss what goals we have for the upcoming week and just communicate about how the previous week was and maybe what we could do to keep reaching new goals...
  • dswift88
    dswift88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Why not just use skype? You can do conference calls with up to 24 people.
    Otherwise with oovoo you're limited to 3 people unless you pay.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Why not just use skype? You can do conference calls with up to 24 people.
    Otherwise with oovoo you're limited to 3 people unless you pay.

With skype can you see multiple users at a time or can you just talk to them?
  • dswift88
    dswift88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh I didn't think about that. I think at least one person needs to have skype premium for group video calling.
  • melkeps
    melkeps Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea.. We alle need to be in the same timezone though. Or at least close enough to have about the same dayroutine. Where are you all at? Europe here.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea.. We alle need to be in the same timezone though. Or at least close enough to have about the same dayroutine. Where are you all at? Europe here.

US in Georgia
  • paronomasha
    paronomasha Posts: 54
    Options
    I've never done this, but it might be a great way to remain accountable. Even beyond that, it would be an excellent support system, especially where half the battle is emotional/mental. It'd be great to be able to talk to people who understand the challenges, struggles, etc. associated with losing weight. I have Skype, but not oovoo. Let me know though if you decide to make the group and I'll get it.

Great idea!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I've never done this, but it might be a great way to remain accountable. Even beyond that, it would be an excellent support system, especially where half the battle is emotional/mental. It'd be great to be able to talk to people who understand the challenges, struggles, etc. associated with losing weight. I have Skype, but not oovoo. Let me know though if you decide to make the group and I'll get it.

Great idea!

Will do=0) and thanks!
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Oh I didn't think about that. I think at least one person needs to have skype premium for group video calling.

oh, isee....i dont have premium....i think it's free with oovoo........just as long as we can make groups of three or four, i think it will work.....:drinker:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I've thought about doing something like this, but I'm too shy, :blushing: and I definitely communicate best through writing.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I've thought about doing something like this, but I'm too shy, :blushing: and I definitely communicate best through writing.

You, shy?...Noooo!...r u serious?...Never would have thunk it....I need somebody to see me weigh in that way, I can't cheat and I have to log my progress.....If you change your mind, let me know....I'll be there to cheer you on:flowerforyou:
  • lagosgal
    lagosgal Posts: 17
    Options
    I agree about the time zones though. I live in the UK and so we are 5 hours ahead of the East Cost USA and even further ahead for other places. A group weigh in here at 8.00am would be 3.00am in New York or Washington for example.
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I agree about the time zones though. I live in the UK and so we are 5 hours ahead of the East Cost USA and even further ahead for other places. A group weigh in here at 8.00am would be 3.00am in New York or Washington for example.

Maybe we can pick 3 other people in our local area who share the same time zone...whatcha think?...maybe you could post this topic to a few pals in your area.....some that you know might be willing to support in this way
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options

Melkeps is in Europe...does that put you in the same time zone?...If so, she said it would be a good idea....maybe you too can be on a team and add one or two more....
  • ooVooLara
    ooVooLara Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I work for ooVoo and I think this is a great way to use ooVoo to keep everyone motivated! It's true, above 3 way video chat it does cost something, but Skype only has 2 way video for Free. I would be happy to sponsor someone with an ooVoo ID with a premium account so that the group can 6-way video call. Just email me at lara.peterson@oovoo.com. And when you email if you can give me hints on how I can exercise with a 7-month old baby, that would be great. It's so hard to lose weight when you have a cutie to take care of!!!