Dance Workout Recommendations? Need Your Help

Options
KimDis
KimDis Posts: 24 Member
Trying to find ways to "keep it moving" and I've discovered I really like dancing workouts. But amidst my 20 or 30 DVD's I don't have any of those, lol.

Since I'm not gonna be rushing to the club at 6am... any suggestions on non-Zumba (just cuz bff has that) dance workouts that are fun, interesting (I get bored pretty easily) and help you work up a real sweat?

THANKS!!

Replies

• lala26105
    lala26105 Posts: 47
    Options
    gold gyms sala dancing for wii or just dance
  • MommaMind
    MommaMind Posts: 28
    Options
    The hubs and I battle each other on the Wii hottest Party game. It's loads of fun, challenging, and a great work out.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Shiva Rae's "Dance Trance". It mixes yoga and dance to be a fun and energizing workout.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam is veryyy good one! i have my own routine at the GYM for now, but when im not going to the gym, i turn to the Turbo Jam :-) amnazing results i saw with my first 2-3 weeks :-D
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Okay a blast from the past but I love it...richard simmons..nobody better boooo me either:laugh:
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Where are you? I am in Sydney, Australia and go to Absolute Biginners Ballet, absolutely love it. Have also tried jazz for beginners. Which is a great workout. They also offer, tap, hip hop, latin american and others. Check to see if there is adult classes in your area. Otherwise I have seen dvd's at the library. I would try before buying. I also go to Zumba. I like dancing for exercise too.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Turbo Jam! Also love Turbo Fire, which is a step up. Just Dance 1 or 2 for Wii are fun also.
  • SuzMac1981
    SuzMac1981 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I do Just Dance 2 for the Wii - it has songs of various levels and I try to do the songs with 3 sweat points and throw in a couple of fun ones with lower sweat points for a "cool down" - I've lost 40 pounds in 2 months alternating JD2 with walking!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Check out www.turbokick.com. You can search for classes in your area. I highly recommend Hip Hop Hustle :)
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    if you have a nintendo wii get the Just Dance games, lots of fun and I work up a real sweat doing those!!! x
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Okay a blast from the past but I love it...richard simmons..nobody better boooo me either:laugh:
    BOOOOO...just kidding he is super fun!
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    dance central for the kinect is good too, has diferent difficulty levels plus a calorie counter too x
  • jpooley1988
    jpooley1988 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Where are you? I am in Sydney, Australia and go to Absolute Biginners Ballet, absolutely love it. Have also tried jazz for beginners. Which is a great workout. They also offer, tap, hip hop, latin american and others. Check to see if there is adult classes in your area. Otherwise I have seen dvd's at the library. I would try before buying. I also go to Zumba. I like dancing for exercise too.

That sounds amazing, I might look for something like that in England, well adult classes anyway, because I used to do Ballet, Tap Jazz and Modern when I was younger! Sounds great :)

Also hope you don't mind, but I stole your Calorie Ticker Idea! Its great to see how many calories you are burning in a whole month! :)