heart rate monitor, steep tracker, and activity tracker

Options
Hello i am wanting to get a new heart rate monitor that will also track my activities and steps and sleep. basically what a fitbit would do but also what a polar h7 will do and a heart rate monitor will do. i would like for it to also sync with my fitness pal or a app that will sync with my fitness pal. so i need help picking one. i was looking at Samsung gear fit and a fitbit charge-hr and was wondering what you guys would think is the best between the two. i also have a android phone not a iPhone but when i am up for a upgrade i will be getting a iPhone cause it seems everything is going to iPhone. so which do you guys like better Samsung gear fit or fitbit charge-hr?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit Charge HR isn't widely available until 2015, so there are very few people who can give you their opinion yet.

You can read more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why someone would flag an internal link as spam, but here are direct links to posts about the Fitbit Charge HR:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10036761/charge-hr-release-date
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10037951/chargehr
  • nzMattO
    nzMattO Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you're seriously after the best sports tracker on the market the Garmin 920xt is it at the moment. For HR it still uses a strap, but that's because the optical ones are not yet up to a reliable standard. The 920 does the sleep and activity monitoring, daily step counter, and syncs automatically to MFP via Gamin Connect. It is also the best Triathlon watch on the market, in fact DCRainmaker (reviewer dude) says the 2nd best one is a long way behind.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    nzMattO wrote: »
    If you're seriously after the best sports tracker on the market the Garmin 920xt is it at the moment.

That's completely over the top for someone who's really after a blinged up pedometer.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Baby43204 wrote: »
    basically what a fitbit would do but also what a polar h7 will do and a heart rate monitor will do. i would like for it to also sync with my fitness pal or a app that will sync with my fitness pal. so i need help picking one.

I'd recommend reading the reviews at dcrainmaker, he's very thorough and has considered most on the market.

It's not clear what type of training you do, and that'll affect the best answer for you. Your budget also plays into the right answer.

You've got options from Garmin, Polar, Suunto, Fitbit and Jawbone really.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    If you need more info about Polar, I've owned an FT4 and now have an FT7.
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello i am wanting to get a new heart rate monitor that will also track my activities and steps and sleep. basically what a fitbit would do but also what a polar h7 will do and a heart rate monitor will do. i would like for it to also sync with my fitness pal or a app that will sync with my fitness pal. so i need help picking one. i was looking at Samsung gear fit and a fitbit charge-hr and was wondering what you guys would think is the best between the two. i also have a android phone not a iPhone but when i am up for a upgrade i will be getting a iPhone cause it seems everything is going to iPhone. so which do you guys like better Samsung gear fit or fitbit charge-hr?

Try the new Polar M400. It's a combination HRM and activity tracker with built in GPS. It also connects with the polar flow app so you can track your progress via I phone or online.
    I got mine 2 weeks ago and find it to be a great piece of equipment

• cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    jaygreen55 wrote: »

Try the new Polar M400. It's a combination HRM and activity tracker with built in GPS. It also connects with the polar flow app so you can track your progress via I phone or online.
    I got mine 2 weeks ago and find it to be a great piece of equipment

THIS!!! Love mine and I have tried them all!