For the Women: TOM bloating

Options
Do you bloat the week before your TOM or during? I went to the Dr this morning and weighed at 182.8. My shirt was fitting good, it's new shirt I bought since my flubby stomach went down a bit, now this afternoon it's sticking back out just like before I lost any weight.

I haven't eaten ton, I've drank my water, I've worked out. I haven't noticed it this bad before my TOM, but should this be a normal thing?
What's a good way to get the bloating down?

Thanks!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    The best cure out there. Lots and LOTS of water before, after and during your TOM!
  • melon_e
    melon_e Posts: 58
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. My pants even feel a little tight around my tummy sometimes. I just drink lots of water and take a Midol...it normally works for me.
  • StephanieJ82
    StephanieJ82 Posts: 233
    Options
    oh yes. Sometimes its bad, sometimes it isn't.
    I think all you can really do is drink lots of water and wait it out. My hands sometimes swell up and my rings get tight. lol. It sux!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day - the scale dropped back from being up 2 lbs and I'm hoping it will drop more! So... yes.. ugh!
  • annastacia10
    annastacia10 Posts: 106
    Options
    Lots of water and watch your sodium intake. Monitor it on here if you aren't already. Sodium is the big enemy during TOM. I always retain a lot of water weight and am bloated at that time. But watching the sodium helps tremendously.
  • p_cakes
    p_cakes Posts: 282
    Options
    Yeah I usually don't weigh myself the week before because I know it won't be good. But I had to at the Dr. today, and I just happened to notice my stomach earlier.

Thanks though! I assumed it was normal, but sometimes it's nice to know I'm not alone. HA!

Staying on track and away from the scale till next week!!
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    yes. everything seems tight a few days before. Sometimes I wish I could go to work in my pajamas. lol
  • Live4HerSmile
    Options
    It's normal for your weight to fluctuate 2-5 pounds around the most wonderful time of the month. ;)
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I gain 3-4 lbs every month during that time. My uterus feels like it's huge and retaining all the water. It's awful but it goes away after a few days into my period and the weight magically disappears overnight.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    yes. everything seems tight a few days before. Sometimes I wish I could go to work in my pajamas. lol

Exactly why I LOVE working out of my house! I'm in PJ's every day. :wink:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I feel it in my legs, they swell up all the time :-/
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    both
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm on it now and yeah, bloating hardcore. It's so weird to see my loss other areas of my body except my tummy when just last week it was flatter! LOL
  • bstiver
    bstiver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I dont bloat, but I drink alot of water. I drink 12-16 cups a day lol