"Muffin Top" madness!

Options
What is the best way to get rid of that unsightly "Muffin Top" aka..."Spare Tire" that wraps around from your stomach to your back?!

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Uhm fat loss? Meaning eating at a caloric deficit until it's gone.
  • Mannalou
    Options
    Is there a workout that is good to aid along with the diet change?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like HIIT and strength training, but you have to lose the fat with a calorie deficit. No workout by itself will get rid of it for you.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Cardio to increase the deficit and weight training to prevent losing muscle mass.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    Cardio to increase the deficit and weight training to prevent losing muscle mass.

Basically, this.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. My midsection is the last place my body loses the fat. You just gotta keep plugging away at that weight loss. I would do a core workout a couple times a week just to keep that muscle tight and strong but until the fat goes away, you'll never see it.
  • Mannalou
    Options
    Well OK then...that's what I'll do! Thanks ya'll!
  • Marianna93637
    Marianna93637 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's all about the fat loss in general, and everyone has different issues. I gain weight first in my stomach, then hips then thighs. This time around I gained more weight than ever in my life (slowly in about 2-3 years), and couldn't believe the muffin top I developed, including a lot of fat in my back. Now that I lost 8.5 lbs (calorie deficit, and cardio mostly), I'm pleased with how my back looks again and how that muffin top is disappearing. (I still have 30 lbs to go, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel lol)
    The best thing to do is to crosstrain, I've also been taking yoga, and it includes the lower back more than most exercises out there. I'm not saying it helped me spot reduce, (because there's no such thing) but it kept my back strong, better aligned and stretched, and that will always help with looking better.
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm not saying this applies to anyone but me, but when I enjoy cocktails and carbs too much, my pouch comes out a little.
    Also, until you get to where you feel comfortable, a long spandex camisole will help. I had my little one last year and I wore one almost every day. It's good for modesty and smoothing of areas. If it goes high enough on your chest it will smooth out back fat too.