Raw Vegan

Options
Is there any raw vegan people on this site? If so, I would like to know why you became a raw vegan? How long did it take you to adjust to eating raw foods? How do you prepare your meals? Also, do you work out being that you not consume much food?

Replies

• Meli311ssa
    Meli311ssa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Raw vegans usually do consume a great deal of food. It is usually a moral reason that aids in someone being vegan. It is not a quick diet change unless you are passionate about it. There are sights dedicated to raw veganism that you can explore, but its not likely a good fit for someone who doesnt ethically and/or morally desire not to eat meat or dairy.
  • letivallejo
    letivallejo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm not a hardcore vegan or raw foodist, but I like to eat whole foods & do my best to stay away from consuming meat & dairy products. I feel like its something everyone should try at least once for a month. It opens your mind to so many new foods you would have never thought to eat! Not only that but I feel amazing when I'm on a high raw food diet. Check out Fully Raw Kristina, she's one of my favorites. Also I'm going raw for the month of January starting jan. 5, if you want to add me :)!!
  • sainttiffany
    sainttiffany Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love FullyRawKristina and Rawvana on YouTube. Lots of good resources, ideas, recipes, and happiness from both lovely ladies.

I think raw vegan is a good idea, but it's sometimes hard to jump into. I do "meatless Monday" where I don't consume any animal products and have done "raw til 4". Both are a lot of fun. You can really open up your palette and enjoy a lot of vibrant foods.

Just do your research and log your foods. I hear that lots of new raw-ers under eat because the water and fibre of the foods makes you seem full.
  • fainulllka777
    fainulllka777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey im a raw vegan- and honestly I can give you a million reasons why I do it and can only give you 1 reason why I eat cooked food once in a while.... burritos hahahah but let me know if you'd like tips or advice!