No Gain...No Loss....For a MONTH!!!!!

jewell4357
jewell4357 Posts: 3
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I should be happy I have maintained my weight, but I would really be happy if I could lose 10-15 more. I feel like I have to completely starve myself to be able to achieve that. What can I do, eat, drink, think....to help me lose more lbs.?!?! :cry:

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Can't help you if we can't see your diary......
  • jewell4357
    jewell4357 Posts: 3
    I am pretty new...do not know how to make that available??!?!
  • gooberr4
    gooberr4 Posts: 253 Member
    you have to make a change. either up your cardio, switch up your cardio, eat less (or maybe eat more), or stop eating some of the foods you usually eat all the time. your body has become used to whatever it was that you are doing.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

Good luck on your journey
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    concentrate on eating high quality foods--you can eat more of those. Especially lean protein. Remember, you will get out of this what you put into it.
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    up your calorie intake I did and lost 5 pounds in less than a week...was steady for a three weeks...
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    I am pretty new...do not know how to make that available??!?!

Go to Settings.

Then Diary Settings.

Then scroll down until you see Diary Sharing.

Choose Public. (You can change it back after your question has been answered.)
  • kimeelicious
    kimeelicious Posts: 9 Member
    Wow! That was great information from morganadk2! Thanks for the breakdown, b/c I feel like my weight loss has slowed to a crawl and I'm afraid of the "sudden stop" as well.

I totally sympathize with you jewell4357. It's so frustrating to feel "stuck". It is a great idea to stay positive and definitely use your diary as a tool to check your eating patterns (what you eat, when you eat, how much of certain types of foods ("healthy", raw, sugary, fatty, etc) you eat) and also your activity level. You may just need a change of pace or focus more on weight training to "sculpt what you've got" LOL And remember that muscle weighs more, so that will show up on the scale, too - but you'll look better for it so the numbers won't matter as much.

You should also measure how you look and feel in your clothes. It may just be a matter of perspective - ask someone you trust to give you an 'honest opinion' of how you're coming along. You might be putting too much pressure on yourself and that can definitely keep you stalled.

Good luck and take good care of yourself! You can do whatever you put your mind to!
  • kimeelicious
    kimeelicious Posts: 9 Member
    up your calorie intake I did and lost 5 pounds in less than a week...was steady for a three weeks...

Oh, didn't know how effective that was! It made sense in my head, but I was afraid to eat more - as I think most of us who are trying to lose weight are. It goes against what seems natural - you eat, you gain; you don't eat, you lose. Thanks for the great tip! :wink:
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I am with you! Since April 5th I have been bouncing between 158 and 161 pounds. Frustrating! I know my food choices are good, everything is balanced (calories/fat/carbs/protein/sodium) so I am just waiting it out!
This discussion has been closed.