Meal replacements

Options
On the go mom starting out on a goal to lose 40 lbs in 6 months, and need good suggestions on which meal replacements are best?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    none.

create a calorie deficit, eat real food, lose weight = simple.

Plus, are you really going to do meal replacement shakes for the rest of your life?
  • skeltonblues
    skeltonblues Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No but to jump start and help get my mind and tummy on the same track.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Nope, ndj1979 is right. Don't start something that you'll need to change. This becomes a lifestyle, that is the only way it truly works. I'm a VERY busy mom.. I work as a travelling RN, I am raising two special needs children, I captain an obstacle racing team and help train others on the side. It's so easy for me to hit a drive through, I'm always on the go and I get very hungry. But that's a vicious cycle, and pretty detrimental. I began using sandwich bags and portioning out servings of almonds, vegetables, protein bars, etc, so I could throw them in my purse, in the glove box of my car, in my pocket as I run out the door. This way I control my hunger, my hunger does not control me. Keep a bottle of water in your hands or nearby and take some time out one afternoon a week to portion out snack bags. I lost 50 pounds and have kept it off four years now.. and this is my lifestyle now. I don't *just* eat things out of snack bags.. this is just a handy trick to eat healthy.. one of many that I use. I also focus on protein first, I changed my carbs from processed to whole grain and I changed my fats from saturated to healthy fats. And not all at once. I kept educating myself, making adjustments here and there as I went along, and after a while it just became my new life.