Calorie Goal

Options
I noticed I can change my calorie count, what is a good number to start off with?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It varies depending on age, height, weight, activity level. What did it give you when you set up?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    -20% of your TDEE is a good starting point. Or just jump into a 'relatively normal' caloric intake like 1600 or something; it's hard to advise you on what to eat at as you don't know yourself...
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your personal stats, but what it gives you is figured out on your stats. I have never customized my calories and I have been doing fine for the last year. I have lost almost 100 lbs in 12 months.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A healthy, sustainable loss is .5 lb. per week for every 25 lbs. you're overweight.

The key to success is learning to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging is simple, but it ain't easy. Logging works.

Edited to add that according to your profile you want to lose 70 lbs. Set your goal no higher than 1.5 lb. per week: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Start slow. Don't cut too much in the first couple weeks -let your body adjust. And after 2 weeks or so cut more. I've personally noticed if i cut too much cals too soon I have "binge/cheat" days and it ruins all my hard work from the whole week. Maintaining each day (Slow and steady wins the race!). Best Wishes!