Little confused

Options
So Jillian's 30 day shred you are suppose to do every day for 30 days. But i have read over and over that your suppose to allow your muscles to relax because that is when they repair and build.. I am soo confused!!!!!!

Replies

• Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I started it two days ago. Im doing level one for a week cause level two is more around what I wanna do workout wise. I would also like to know the answer to this question!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I did a couple of days of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred just to see what it was about. I'm not expert, but I can say with authority that the 20 minute workout that we went through was far more cardio than weight training and I didn't feel the need to "rest" anything the next day because I hadn't worked any one muscle group all that hard. An upper body workout with my trainer makes me REALLY want to rest my arms and back the next day.....big difference in intensity and weight.
    My two cents.
  • Savvyturn
    Savvyturn Posts: 2
    Options
    I asked this to a friend of mine who has done it and she said she did it 6 days a week and had 1 rest day. She said if she was really sore she took 2 rest days but not in a row.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Maybe its because i still have a good amount of weight to lose. My legs where killing me yesterday I had a REALLY hard time making it through it.. I figured it was my third day it would be easier. I started last friday but took two day break because i could barely move! I will just keep trucking!!!!!
  • Chicka_Boom
    Chicka_Boom Posts: 62
    Options
    So Jillian's 30 day shred you are suppose to do every day for 30 days. But i have read over and over that your suppose to allow your muscles to relax because that is when they repair and build.. I am soo confused!!!!!!

I'm doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 right now, on level 3 (of 4), and I did the 30DS previously. The workouts can get pretty intense as you continue, but she usually gives you modifiers for the really tough ones if you can't handle it. Generally I'm only sore right after the workout and maybe the next day after I've just started a new "level." Most days I find that I'm not very sore the next day, though, so it's not really an issue. If my muscles are still very sore the day following a workout, I make that a cardio or rest day, and then resume the next day. Hope that helps! Good luck & have fun!