Learning not to trust the scale...Its an evil box!

Options
124»

Replies

• lrmantione
    lrmantione Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Really great post, and pics! You are so right. I had the opposite realization a long time ago when I went from a FIT 155 to a flabby 155. Same exact weight but I gained 2 sizes in clothes!! Now I'm working on the right side of that equation. I've lost some weight but I've been exercising when I wasn't for a long time. So not a lot of pounds lost but definitely a lot of visual impact (and I feel better). Already down one size and still working. Keep up the good work and thanks so much for sharing!
  • Redgal56
    Redgal56 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is truly amazing and the TRUTH! I am 57 yrs old and have dealt with this issue all my life.Great pics!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • Giovanna_Isabella_Santarelli
    Options
    You look so AMAZING!

Well done! Thanks for sharing & you have seriously inspired me!!!
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yup - I needed this - thanks so much for posting - I hope this becomes and inspiration to many people who need it - myself included.

EDIT: - I had to go back and look at your pix again - absolutely amazing
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    wow nic e post and pic congrats you rock
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    OMG I WANT THAT SHIRT LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • appygirl84
    appygirl84 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I need to live by your words! I feel great when the scale goes down, but when my pants are still tight not so much. I want those jeans to be loose!
  • ERBred
    ERBred Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too weigh everyday...but mostly to make sure I am not slipping back (or up the scale). It reminds me to keep moving, watch my diet....it is easier to lose 1-2lbs vs the 25lbs I have been working on. Keeping that in mind, keeps me going to the scale (naked, empty bladder) every morning.
  • Jameson1984
    Jameson1984 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!
  • CocoaBrown80
    Options
    You are such a hottie, Melissa! WOW! Thanks for the post, you really are an inspiration! I really need to stop my obsession with the evil box. I think I'm going to take it out of the bathroom, so I won't be tempted. I'm just starting my journey, so I hope to get to a happy place like you soon. Thanks, Again.
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love the then and now pics! Great job!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Awesome results! Whatever you are doing, keep doing it. The pictures don't lie!
  • Vicks1978
    Vicks1978 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thank you for this post, it helps me alot. The scale hasn't budged for me in over 2 months :(
    But I feel different and this has motivated me to take more pictures of my journey.
    Well done and thanks for posting!
  • fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!!!! You look younger than you did in high school and healthier! Your work has totally changed your shape! Congrats! Very inspiring!
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone your kind words and messages! I am glad I could help others out there that get frustrated at the scale.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    BUMP! everyone should see this. Amazing.
  • dietka975
    dietka975 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amazing
  • lildebbie121
    lildebbie121 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bumping for encouragement!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!